Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryB007
Streaming Star

Pluto TV guide won't come up

When I load Pluto TV the last channel I was watching comes on fine. Then nothing else works. I can't navigate with the back arrow to bring up the guide and no other button works either, I can't even navigate on the screen. 

24 REPLIES 24
yantwenty4
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV guide won't come up

I noticed this problem too after the recent update.  My current workaround is simply to uninstall the channel and reinstall but after a few hours it just happens again, very frustrating.  I hope this problem is addressed soon. I'm running a 3500x stick.

GaryB007
Streaming Star

Ok so it is working again for now. 

GaryB007
Streaming Star

And now it isn't again.

b_l_o_k
Channel Surfer

Same thing here.  Reinstalling the app usually makes it work again maybe once or twice.  But, some time later, the app is back to being non-responsive and unusable.

Pluto obviously released their new app without bothering to test it, and also apparently don't have enough telemetry (logging) to have yet noticed that it isn't working properly in the field.  If they did, and had a plan to deal with problems, they would have immediately rolled back to the previous version by now, while they fix whatever went wrong.  Instead, they are either panicking or sitting on their hands, unable to release a working app.

They seem to have lots of time to make plenty of different Pluto logo animations, though.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Pluto TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Pluto TV support here: https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
senafe

Pluto channel unresponsive to remote control

Pluto channel unresponsive to remote control unless removed and reinstalled, this is only a temporary as you exit Pluto and return to the Pluto channel it is again unresponsive to the remote control. Complaining on Pluto website has accomplished nothing. This has been going on a week now. It worked fine until they tweeked it and it's pure rubbish.

davidsmith01
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto channel unresponsive to remote control

If you're looking for something on Live TV, tap “Live TV” at the top. Click on the genres to the right to narrow down your search or scroll through the TV Guide just like Basic Cable to see what's playing. Keep in mind, all of Pluto TV's content is organized by genre.

0 Kudos
Tinyt

I am having the same issue with my Hisense Roku TV for about a week now, but Pluto tv works fine on my roku streaming stick.

0 Kudos
GaryB007
Streaming Star

davidsmith you can't get to live tv, as soon as it opens it is locked up. It works about 10% of the time. From another posting it seems it is not compatible with a roku3, you need a newer system.

0 Kudos