Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oliverdunn

PLUTO TV won't load on three separate Roku Ultras

Jump to solution

Pluto TV won't load on three separate Roku Ultra's.

This started about 10 days ago. So far, I've done the following:

Restarted Roku.

Factory reset roku.

Removed/added pluto channel. 

Reset router. 

Checked connect speed - 387 MBps.

Problem is DEFINITELY with Roku. I can go directly to Pluto's website, and stream media. 

Forget trying to get ANYONE from Roku for help. Maybe one of you guys has an answer?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: PLUTO TV won't load on three separate Roku Ultras

Jump to solution

Hi @oliverdunn

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble loading Pluto TV on your Roku Ultra devices. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Make sure that your Roku Ultra is connected to a stable and strong Wi-Fi network. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, it may affect the performance of Pluto TV.
  • Restart your Roku Ultra: Try restarting your Roku Ultra device by the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.  
  • Clear the cache: In some cases, clearing the cache of the Pluto TV app may help resolve the issue. To do this, go to the home screen on your Roku, highlight the Pluto TV app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and select "Remove channel." Then, reinstall the Pluto TV app from the Roku Channel Store.
  • Update your Roku software: Make sure that your Roku Ultra is running the latest version of the software. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates.
  • Contact Pluto TV support: If none of the above steps work, you can contact Pluto TV support for further assistance. You can find their contact information on their website.

I hope one of these solutions helps resolve the issue with Pluto TV on your Roku Ultra devices.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

According to a post on Cord Cutters News, Pluto TV is aware of an issue with some models. It's not a Roku issue, as much as Pluto TV's problem:

https://cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-is-crashing-on-roku-devices-but-a-fix-is-coming/ 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@oliverdunn 

Short of getting an update issued either from Roku or Pluto, there is little you can do currently other than watching it on another device platform, casting it to your Roku from the Pluto website, or using a laptop with a HDMI cable to your TV and stream directly from Pluto website.  https://pluto.tv/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto TV crashing on all three of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Looks like a new Pluto app dropped last night. Version 5.24 • build 2 downloaded when I launched the app this morning.

0 Kudos
EmpireZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not sure if it downloaded an update, but the app continues to crash.

Sukatan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can hit *on the channel and check for update

Only checked one of mine so far but it was working on it my Roku TCL tv

0 Kudos
iamrrk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It applied the update already when I checked and the app worked 😄

iamrrk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hit * on the app select update it will check for update

0 Kudos
45six
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It updated on mine and Plutotv is working again.

0 Kudos