Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theMezz
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working - New TV

Jump to solution

Just got this from PLUTO TV .. March 8th 2023

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Our Engineers are aware of the issue with Roku devices that they are unable to launch the Pluto TV app. They are working hard to get it resolved and restore your viewing experience, so please stay tuned!

Regards,

Pluto TV Support

------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sounds like the typical scripted response we all have seen here already. You know, the usual "cut and paste" reactions companies give us.... no matter the name, no matter the rep that gives us that response. Means nothing, until fixed!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pluto is kicking us out and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

@ Droobie  Either way, it sounds like Roku was not the only one having issues. I am not hearing about other streamers STILL having this issue any longer. But then again, most companies will "roll back" updates. Roku clearly doesn't.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

@ Wodstock   You seem to be forgetting emotion involved. People are letting off steam by "doing something about it." Let them post. As they do, we show the world how douchey Roku really is. Remember, Roku took some programming choices away last year, when they got rid of private channels. This is yet another douchey move. They must be in the Massingil family!

0 Kudos
klasekfilmfan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have a Fire Stick and PlutoTV works just fine on it. The only one that seems to be having this issue is Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mrwarcriminal,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the Pluto TV issue. We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue. In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Before Pluto send me that pre-canned message they replied with a few questions and asked that I take a video of the issue. I emailed back and forth a few times with a person and it certainly was not pre-canned replied. 

0 Kudos
zookeenie

Jump to solution

Got my Hisense 75" TV today, set it up and Pluto opens and closes right back to home screen. Very sad as this is my favorite 😡 

0 Kudos
S57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hove two Rokus with the same Pluto issue: Both 4801RW – Roku Ultra

Both Rokus are running OS 11.5.0 build 4312-DE

Pluto TV App Ver. 5.24 build 1

Connection is 5g wireless at 47Mbps (reported on Roku devices)

I have contacted Pluto TV and this was their only response from a week ago:

"Our Product and Engineering teams are currently working on this, we will let you know once we have an update!"

Fix this **bleep**! I'm sure glad I'm not actually paying for Pluto, and I never will after this experience. UNRELIABLE!!!

0 Kudos
jfields57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At this point over a week has pasted without any resolve. I find it strange that this has gone as far as is has. So far the only thing we have learned here is many Roku users are having the same problem since the Feb 28th Pluto update. All we're getting is a runaround. I've had enough here. I'm going to try social media and see if anybody can duplicate my problem. I'm sure they'll be able to come up with a fix/solution a lot faster than the help we're receiving here in this small group.

Good day!

0 Kudos