Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChocoLatte
Reel Rookie

Plex Playback Error / Direct Play disabled

Keep getting playback error when trying to watch Plex. It says direct play is disabled but it is on and when I select force no audio will play

12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Plex Playback Error / Direct Play disabled

@ChocoLatte

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChocoLatte
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Hey Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work 😞

I haven't played Plex since I did this post. 

Today before I tried what you suggested I attempted to play a movie, it played! But when I went to play another selection it gave the same error again. So, I tried playing the one that had just played, gave me the same error message again. 

I hope you can help!! I never had issues before. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ChocoLatte

Thanks for the follow up.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Plex directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Plex channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CMD1522
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problems.   It seems to work if I play it on my tablet with the plex app.  I need to try Chrome cast.

0 Kudos
RedPepper53
Reel Rookie

Hi, have the same problem but only on Roku, it works fine on my PC.

0 Kudos
RedPepper53
Reel Rookie

Hi, Tried this fix unfortunately does fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @RedPepper53

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Plex_OnRoko
Reel Rookie

I found that if you go into the Plex app on Roku, navigate to settings, playback, switch direct playback from auto to forced it fixed the issue. 

RedPepper53
Reel Rookie

Hi Lianna,

I responded to this message through my email, wondering if you got it, sent to you on Feb 7th.

Still haven't been able to view these recorded shows, funny thing I can view these recording using plex on my PC.

Thanks

0 Kudos