Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community22
Reel Rookie

Re: Please stop the Spanish speaking ads!!!!

Well this is America and America needs to stop catering to the Spanish speaking.  I don't see multiple ads for German, French, Italian, Korean, Chinese, need I go on.  I believe this is a fair enough question that those believing the ads are okay are not seeing.  It is so annoying to be in the United States of America & have to see these ads.  I turn the channel each and every time.  I turn news programs each and every time as well.

budgiegal

I agree with the writer. I watch Roku channel, probably 90% of the time.

Why, in the world, should there be Spanish language commercials during English speaking programs???  

The fact that I don't understand a word they are saying isn't the worst of it. It's the mile-a-minute, high pitched foreign chatter makes that grates my nerves.

I am starting to watch less of the Roku channel and more Tubi.....because, they give a warning that an ad is coming up and if I move fast enough, I can by pass most of them.

Roku should keep in mind that their customers, to a large extent, are people who got sick and tired of the grip Cable TV had on them........so pay attention to our complaints.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@budgiegal wrote:

Roku should keep in mind that their customers, to a large extent, are people who got sick and tired of the grip Cable TV had on them........so pay attention to our complaints.

------

That would be good advice for all the streaming services and providers.  Unfortunately, many of the cable providers are offering streaming channels/apps to make up for their loss of cable subscribers and still doing business as usual, rather than embracing an opportunity to give both themselves and the user a different type of experience.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

If I select English as my language for Roku then I don't want Spanish ads. I want to be able to understand the ads I'm forced to watch. 

bizzigram
Reel Rookie

I really enjoy classic programming on MeTV, but it is now full of Spanish speaking ads. I asked them to air the commercials in English language and use Spanish subtitles. The answer was "no".

Smart_gal
Channel Surfer

Wow sounds like maybe you want to consider not using them. I’m trying to fight every way I can 

StarFighter77
Reel Rookie

Well it seems that just like most things in the world today, you will NOT get even a glimmer of an answer or acknowledgement from ANY corporation about ANY complaint.  They just ignore you.  ROKU Community my ass.... This is just a community at this point hosted on a Roku website. Haven't seen a single moderator, or representative even post so much as a canned response to this.  I just bought a Roku TV and I like the Roku interface and all that... but forcing me to use MY data to stream things COMPLETELY irrelevant to me should be considered theft of the bandwidth I pay for.... But alas... there will be plenty of folks that agree with this, and even express their opinions like so many here have done; however, nothing will change because there is really no vehicle to do anything about it.

oztrich
Channel Surfer

I just found this thread by accident while posting in 2 separate threads about my Roku Voice Remote Pro not charging and the power/volume buttons stop working intermittently. On the won't charge issue, there's 24 pages of complaints. The only time they seem to respond is if you DON'T include your model/sn. Then they respond asking for that info "so they can assist you further". If you preemptively provide the correct info, your comment seemingly goes unanswered.

I was one of the early early adopters of Roku back in the day. I didn't stick with it because it really wasn't that easy to find and add content channels and I didn't have much time to fool with it. I cut the cable in 2021. It's been pretty good, until you have an issue...Best of luck with your new Roku TV.

Branch

It is just unconscionable that you are getting sick, SmartGal.  This is the worst news I have heard in the past year.

Please, please take some aspirin to relieve the pain, and for heaven's sake get to a doctor fast if that doesn't work.

I pray for your health.

0 Kudos
edb3

No, you cannot please everyone. But your goal should be to please watchers who live in the USA. Your answer was insipid.