Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Please add "CNN Highlights" to Roku Channels as a streaming/live channel

Someone in my household likes to watch the "CNN Highlights" live channel but it's annoying that I have to open up Freevee, TubiTV, or the CNN standalone app to watch that channel. Why isn't it already featured as a live news channel like it is on other platforms? Even my 24" Amazon Fire TV has it incorporated as a "streaming channel" and is accessible right from the program guide. I should be able to open up the program guide and find it right alongside ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, LiveNowFOX, etc.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Please add "CNN Highlights" to Roku Channels as a streaming/live channel

Hi, @Onntv24.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

Is this the CNN | Roku channel you are referring to? If not, rest assured that we would be happy to forward this to the team for consideration. 

In the meantime, you may continue streaming this to the channels you have mentioned as we wait for updates from the team. You may also directly contact the channel provider themselves and let them know you'd like their channel available on the Roku Streaming platform.

You may reach them here: CNN Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

No that is the standalone CNN app. I am referring to the "CNN Highlights" livestream to be added as a Roku Streaming channel. CNN Highlights is a 24/7 curated free channel that airs CNN segments that aired earlier in the day. It's available on Freevee and TubiTV, but it would be nice to have it built into the Roku Streaming Channel lineup alongside ABC news, NBC news, CBS news, Newsmax, OANN, etc. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the clarification, @Onntv24.

At the moment, this standalone app is not available on the Roku streaming platform. Don't worry! You can always contact the channel provider directly and let them know that you would like their app to be available on the Roku streaming platform.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.