Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback non network related

I have a SHARP ROKU TV.

issue is: no playback. I can click on my channels click on what I would like to watch and nothing. It is the same on at least 4 channels. I haven’t tried anymore. 
connection is fine. Network is fine. ALL OTHER DEVICES in the home working fine. Updates done. I have done all I know to do except a factory reset. Please help. 

I have restarted everything. My router my modem. Network connectivity is excellent. It is a system wide issue. Not one particular channel. It stopped streaming in the middle of watching a show. Ever since nothing else will play. Only thing haven’t done is a factory reset. Another user is having the same issue and they did a factory reset and it didn’t help. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback non network related

@Powellfamily97 

Have you tried rebooting your Router and performing a System Restart on your RokuTV?

Settings/System/Power/System Restart.

Although everything else is working fine, you will find that you may need to reboot both your Router and the RokuTV occassionally for some issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Yes. I have done all the things. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Powellfamily97 

From Settings/Network/About are you seeing both an IP address and a MAC address? (are either of these all zeros).

From this same page, are you seeing a Wireless Channel and does this line up with the band you are attempting to connect to (either 2.4ghz or 5ghz)?

Finally, perform a Network Connection Test with the RokuTV to see what it is reporting. (Settings/Network/Check Connection).  Press the OK button after test and report the speed results.

What is the router model number and the ISP (internet service provider)?  May need to look into whether a firmware update for the router is needed, or if a firmware has been recently issued that is affecting the Roku.

0 Kudos
Rosalinda0801
Reel Rookie

I am having exact same issues since Friday. Have done all, even done a factory reset. Apps still not working. Only thing working is Live Tv. Thinking there was a new update done. Please assist.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rosalinda0801 

I haven't seen any reports that there is any server issue/outage reported affecting channels/apps on the Roku platform.  A couple of weeks ago, affected some users ability to connect to certain channels/apps.

The advice offered then was to perform a manual System Update and then a System Restart.  Both of these options are located under Settings/System on your Roku.

0 Kudos
Rosalinda0801
Reel Rookie

After chatting online for an hour, and talking to 3 different people on the phone and the last one calling me back, they said my tv hardware is not compatible with the software update.  In other words I'm SOL. I asked if the update could be rolled back to 11.0 and they said no. Sigh. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rosalinda0801 

I do not think you were chatting with official Roku tech support, especially via phone.  Not only is it the weekend, but most official tech support is handled through email contact.

What is the model number of your Roku device.  You can find this in Settings/System/About.

------

Edited for typo: thanks @makaiguy 👍

0 Kudos
Rosalinda0801
Reel Rookie

The model is NS-39DR510NA17

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Rosalinda0801 

What is the model number of your Roku device.  You can find this in Settings/Settings/About.

Correction:  Settings/System/About

The first line under your email address/Roku account will show you the model number and model name.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X