Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llthorton02
Reel Rookie

Picture freeze but audio is on or screen turns black with audion on also

Screen freezes up but the audio is still on or my screen turns black and audio is on. I have restarted, reset the Roku streaming stick but nothing helps. Please help

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Picture freeze but audio is on or screen turns black with audion on also

Hi @llthorton02,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. What Roku model device are you using?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
llthorton02
Reel Rookie

When did this issue first start occurring? Within 2 days of purchasing the Roku

Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? Yes

What Roku model device are you using? See attached picture

Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up? I have performed this numerous times a day

I purchased the Roku streaming stick less than 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @llthorton02

Thanks for following up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
llthorton02
Reel Rookie

Me restarting my Roku or resetting it does not fix my issue. It freezes on every channel. If this issue can’t be fixed I suggest that you stop selling these defective devices. I don’t need to read anyone else’s thread, I’m trying to get assistance from the company that made the defective devices. I need to talk to, not email or chat with a supervisor or manager because this is unacceptable. I have to restart my Roku every 5 minutes. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@llthorton02 

Thanks for the follow up post.

It doesn't look like you've provided the information that @RokuMary-F requested in her last post. Can you please provide all of the requested device information so we can better investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos