Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camerabug

Re: Photos and Flickr channels removed

Jump to solution

It is unfortunate that BOTH Roku and Flickr have decided to wash their hands of this issue.  As you can see from some of the answers, Flickr says that this channel was developed by Roku. Roku says the opposite.  This is typical BS from large tech companies who don't care about their users; just about making some more money.  At least give us the honest answer that there isn't enough user demand to expend the resources to keep the channel updated.

Camerabug

Jump to solution

Found a workaround.  You can use screen mirroring even on an Iphone. (Some articles say that screen mirroring is not supported on apple devices, but that is not correct.  Here is a link explaining the details.

https://www.lifewire.com/mirror-iphone-roku-4176988 

0 Kudos
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the workaround, but not really what I'm looking for. Someone gave me an older Apple TV and there's a Flickr app available and that works quite well.

0 Kudos
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think I've noticed a change in direction for Roku - it's all about making money from the streaming channels - getting them to pay for one of the remote buttons (which I never think of using), getting them to pay for onscreen ads, which I try to never look at. When I bought my Roku I thought I was buying a device to help me stream but I was also hoping it would have other features that would make it useful. No more.

0 Kudos
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"Flickr's support heroes" what a bunch on nonsense. I've been on Flickr since 2005. I don't think it'll survive for very much longer. The current owners aren't doing much with it, other than rebooting the servers when something goes wrong. It would take a programmer just a few days to develop an app, which I'm thinking of doing, but I'll have to learn whatever language Roku uses.

0 Kudos
rldaustin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm unable to remove FLICKR from my channels? There is of course no subscription, so that's not an issue. It is one among a number I have this problem with; no way to REMOVE

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rldaustin

Thanks for the post.

When you select the channel on the Home screen menu and press the * button, what options are you prompted with? Can you please provide a screenshot of what is shown on screen so we can better understand what you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator