Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Stream channel not working

Hi @911forthrills

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What steps would you take to replicate the problem? What steps have you already taken to troubleshoot the problem?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
911forthrills
Reel Rookie

Download photo streams, uploaded 37 photos and nothing else happened. Photos I downloaded never came up on the screen saver.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @911forthrills,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We're sorry if you are having an issue with accessing Photo Streams. 

As a first step, please ensure that your Roku device is updated to the latest OS. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now. Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help with using Photo Stream? How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
LindaCV
Reel Rookie

My Photo Stream used to work perfectly.  Yesterday, I noticed that one of my TVs gets stuck on the Photo Stream start screen.  It just shows that screen over and over but never shows my photos.  I tried pressing * and telling it to update but that did not help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @LindaCV 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Roku Streams channel.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DS56

It surely appears that all information has been submitted within complaints. Be honest. Give us a reasonable reply. Anything else would appear you have no answer, or you are unable or unwilling to fix the problem. ROKU is a very disappointment as the seem to disregard to honestly address a problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @DS56 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with the Roku Photo Streams channel.

In order for us to better assist you, we will need more information to understand what you are experiencing. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Once we have more information, we will be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LindaCV
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Thank you for offering a potential solution.  I did not need to try it, however.

For two days, the Photo Stream screensaver was failing to show my photos on the Philips Roku TV (even though it was still working on the other TVs).  But miraculously, on the third day, it started working again on the Philips Roku TV, like it had always done on the other TVs.  I never knew why that happened.  I hope it won't happen again.

Thank you for trying to help me.

0 Kudos
Hessian
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. When I select Roku Photo streams and choose preview channel or go to channel the splash screen comes up then immediately closes. I've already tried removing Roku Photo Streams, restarting Roku and then adding Roku Photo Streams. I've selected * and then tried to update. Says I'm on the latest version. I've done a software update it says my Roku is on the latest version. Photo Streams was working up until about 3 or 4 days ago. 

Roku Photo streams works fine on my other Roku Device. 

Model 4800X, Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Roku photo streams version 1.44 build 261a5151

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Hessian

Thanks for letting us know about what you are experiencing with accessing Roku Photo Streams. 

We appreciate the details you have provided. Can you also follow up with us on the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos