Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gene1000
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Stream channel not working

How to I start my own photos on the ROKU s tee saver? Nothing works. I have uploaded photos. But I cannot get them to start in a screen saver. 

can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Gene1000
Channel Surfer

My ROKU Stream Bar Pro will not show my uploaded photos in the screensaver. All it shows are two generic photos of a Forrest and a beach.

I have followed 100% proper procedures to set up screensaver. When I am in the photo streams app with the screensaver loaded and press “preview (current screensaver)”, it shows the forest and beach scenes instead of my photos.

I have tried to contact ROKU by phone to no avail. “Call cannot be completed as dialed”.

Others have indicated that ROKU support is able to fix this problem on their end. So how do I speak to a live ROKU person?

tfarner7
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku photo stream screensaver

This is an ongoing problem with Roku.  Mine works 98% of the time, then it does what you described.  I have 3 Roku boxes (where the problem may lie) and they never mess up at the same time.  I have a wired connection to one of the Rokus and wireless to the others - doesn't seem to matter.  It isn't anything you have done... Roku just hasn't worked out a bug.  They don't seem to want to take responsibility for this problem for some reason.  I don't know why - a simple "We're working on it." would go a long way.

tfarner7
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Gene1000
Channel Surfer

The issue has NOT been resolved. If ROKU is going to put out a product, the company needs to make sure it’s working first!

I have switched to a different screensaver which works great!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gene1000 @tfarner7

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the steps to reproduce the issue and what is happening on screen when the issue occurs? If possible, can you please provide a screenshot or video of when the issue happens?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gene1000
Channel Surfer

It’s unfortunate that ROKU would put out a defective product and do very little to fix it. This particular problem is common to many. Photos are loaded properly, instructions are followed to the letter and yet the screen saver shows only two generic photos of a forest and a beach and omits all eighty of mine. 

Many are experiencing the same issue. The support people are well aware of this long term problem and yet nothing is being done. All they do is ask that you send them a photo of the TV screen. This is totally unnecessary because the issue is described perfectly by the customer. It’s very simple. You activate the screen saver but your photos do not come on. Instead, two unknown pictures come on repeatedly. A forest and a beach. 

Many of us have this problem. And yet support keeps asking for more information when no more is needed. 

Support: if you’re reading this, I have no doubt that you have seen this issue many times. You do not need any additional information. You already have everything you need in order to troubleshoot the issue.
It’s simple: Your screensaver does not show my pictures. Instead it shows only two of yours. A forest and a beach. 

Remove thus bug from your program and perhaps I will come back to using it. Many others also. But right now I’m using a different screensaver that shows my photos perfectly. 

Fix it. Please. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gene1000

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gene1000
Channel Surfer

There is no more information to give you. Everything you need to troubleshoot this very common problem is in my post above. EVERYTHING. 
I recommend that you stop asking for more information because every other poster here has give you everything you need to fix this. 
Photos are properly loaded. When your screensaver is activated, it shows only two generic pictures repeatedly. A forrest and a beach. 
There is nothing else that anyone here can tell you and there are many with the same issue. 
I honestly don’t care because I am using a different screensaver that works perfectly. 

0 Kudos
911forthrills
Reel Rookie

Photo stream does not play the any of the photos that I have downloaded.  I've updated the system & said "ok" to the legal disclaimer. 

0 Kudos