Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redclous
Reel Rookie

Pesky Plex app difficult to delete

Hi gang,

I have Roku problems with almost all streaming add-ons: Discovery+, YoutubeTv,  (both of those come and go) Paramount + (which is always happening). It does not happen on the older tv with firestick, so we are looking at you Roku.

I decided to get rid of Plex as it is bulky and perhaps a partial cause of the Roku issues.

So it went through the standard rejection excuses: You are not connected to the Internet. WRONG! Then instead of letting me delete Plex after patiently waiting for the spinning circle to do its job, it shuts me down. Then I have to watch the Roku hopping letters for about a minute, repeat. This happened seven straight times eating up about 40 minutes, just to delete the app. The time factor is an annoyance, but the Internet not connected false messages at 5:00 AM great weather for miles around, makes me wonder if Roku is in the early stages of its demise.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Pesky Plex app difficult to delete

Hi @redclous

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos