Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibbys
Reel Rookie

Peacock suddenly not working

We live in SC and we suddenly got this message today:

Sorry, Peacock is not yet supported in you region. OVP_00012

We were watching it fine up until last night.  We have had it for over a year and Pay for it monthly.  This is on our TCL Roku TV

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock suddenly not working

@Gibbys 

That sounds like one of two things:

1. A temporary issue with Peacock not recognizing your location. They'll fix it eventually, probably sooner than later.
  2. Your connection is running through a VPN. Many services will not let you stream through a VPN.

If not the second, probably the first.

I'm in Georgia, and no issues like you're having (at least, not at the moment).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

@Gibbys-

Good points by @DBDukes. This determination might be based on the IP number through which you're connecting to Paramount.  The IP is assigned to you by your internet provider, but if you relay through a VPN it is the IP from the VPN server that is shown upstream.

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number you're presenting to the world indicates you're located.

And I'm in SC too but I'm not seeing that error, either.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Gibbys
Reel Rookie

Thanks for that link.  It says I'm Hilton Head Island (Hargray), which is right.  We can watch Peacock on our phones on wifi just fine.  We have 4 Roku TVs and they're all giving us the same error.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Gibbys 

In late 2020, a user reported to Peacock TV that they were getting that error. Peacock TV suggested initiating a chat to them. Here's a link to that post. Hope it leads to a resolution.

https://twitter.com/peacocktv/status/1320076108591747074

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Gibbys
Reel Rookie

Thank  you for the information about the chat link.   I chatted with a representative, did some troubleshooting  at his request and he couldn't figure it out.  He "escalated our case for further review" (punted) and said someone would be in contact.  We'll see.  We'll give it a few days and cancel Peacock if they can't figure it out.  

The troubleshooting request was to try it with mobile data hotspot and we had the same issue.  We can watch Peacock just fine on our mobile phones on wifi and mobile just fine.  

0 Kudos
Dovetale77

I am having the same issue we have had the same Internet(tmobile)since March no problem until late November now every time we try to get on Peacock It says something went wrong try again later but if I hook it to my hotspot on my phone which is Verizon Internet it works fine and it also works fine on our smart TV And I have had no help solving this issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Dovetale77

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on Peacock or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Maddie20
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue as described above. I have been escalated by Peacock as well. Waiting for a response. To your point, Peacock does not have an option to remove channel when you click options. That was my first recourse when I had this issue. You can’t remove it. 

0 Kudos
Ashdrink

Same issue here. Uninstalled and reinstall didn't work. 

0 Kudos