Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_in_Cali
Binge Watcher

Peacock is blocking my account

Last night when I went to use Peacock, I got  blocked. It said I was using a VPN, which is not allowed. I don't have and have never had a VPN. I wouldn't know how to put one on a Roku TV. I did a chat with Peacock, it was supposedly fixed(cleared cache), but as soon as the chat was over, Peacock blocked me again! Works fine on my Chromebook, but I would rather watch on my big screen.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Peacock is blocking my account

Hello @Bob_in_Cali

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
2. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device the add the channel back? Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.
4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Bob_in_Cali
Binge Watcher

I removed the app then re-installed it. Then it wouldn't accept my log in. So I removed it again. I'm thinking it's a Peacock issue because Netflix and Prime Video are fine. I can also watch Peacock on my Chromebook, but that's not really a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Bob_in_Cali,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Peacock support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

All the best,
Karla

0 Kudos