Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissouriTim
Binge Watcher

Re: Peacock app suddenly won't load any content, OVP_00055

I suggest all of we SD TV users contact the live chat Peacock tech support so they become aware their recent app update is causing the problem. It worked until a few weeks ago. They changed something and they need to change it back. Here is the link to live Peacock support.

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/get-in-touch/technical-assistance/video-playback-issue

Every other app I have works perfectly fine on my 3910RW devices. Only Peacock has an issue.

If it is a Roku OS update issue, then they need to work with Peacock since only the Peacock app is effected. We all paid good money for their product and they need to stand behind it. These tech companies need to be made to stop hiding behind help bots, FAQ libraries, and user communities, and provide real customer service support for the products we buy from them. This nonsense is what will kill streaming TV in it's cradle. The average cable/satellite user will not stand for this random glitch from updates idiocy.

0 Kudos
MissouriTim
Binge Watcher

Re: Peacock app suddenly won't load any content, OVP_00055

I tried USEROFSTREAMERS work around #3. It worked on both my SD TVs. Peacock content will now load. On my flat screen SD TV (picture tube type) set in "letterbox" the manual-set 1080 HD setting works fine. On my little 13" SD TV everyone is taller and thinner, like at the end of the old John Wayne cowboy movies.. If it has a letterbox option I can't get to it - dog ate the remote. I tried programing its 3910RW in 720. That works as well but there is no change in the picture.

We should not have to rig up work arounds. Coders need to step the quality of their work, be it at Peacock or Roku. "Do no harm" needs to be first on the list when updating apps.

0 Kudos