Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thost19
Streaming Star

Peacock Channel Recently Crashing

Within the past week the Peacock channel has been crashing and causing my 4k Express + to lock up also. Even the remote becomes non-responsive. I have to unplug the Roku to get it working again. I noticed that Peacock recently updated around Sep 1st and this is when it started happening. Has anyone else had this issue? I've uninstalled the channel and reinstalled to see if it might help. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Peacock Channel Recently Crashing

Hi @thost19

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Have you checked the other apps installed on your Roku device if the same issue occurs? 

Did you restart your device before reinstalling the Peacock channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Same here - Roku crashing typically after ads start to play on Peacock.
I'm using a Roku Ultra (model 4640X). My software is up to date (version 11.50 build 4216). I am experiencing consistent crashes of my Roku specifically about 5 seconds into advertisements on Peacock TV. I have not experienced this on any other channels. The audio during my show is fine, but the advertisement has no audio, just video, for 3-5 seconds and then freezes. Eventually, my Roku reboots.
I have tried the following:
-restarted
-powered off my Roku for 60 seconds
-uninstalled the Peacock app, restarted, reinstalled the app
-cleared the Roku cache

-reset my wifi connection

Will stay tuned for any updates. You are not alone!

0 Kudos
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

Having the same problem with Peacock. Plays for about 5 seconds, then video freezes while audio continues. Uninstalled the app, restarted the Roku Express 4k, reinstalled the app, and it's still not working. Other channels/apps are fine. Problem started and was intermittent a few days ago, and I was able to fix by unplugging then reconnecting the device. Now today, no luck. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

Turns out it's all apps except Spectrum, Disney, Prime and Paramount Plus. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
lmnehauser
Channel Surfer

Finally did a factory reset and seems to be working now. Keeping my fingers crossed that this does not become a recurring problem.

0 Kudos
oldlady22

We are having the same the issue.... We did a complete hard reset of our Roku device and the Peacock App is still not working....it freezes... don't know what else to do. It started just after we signed up for the new subscription ofter that Peacock had in Sept. 

0 Kudos
thost19
Streaming Star

I found that unplugging my HDMI cable and plugging it back in once while a show on Peacock was frozen seemed to fix the issue. It never did it again after that for me. Seems to somehow be related to a former HDCP error the Roku had. Haven't had the freezing video since.

0 Kudos
nofool

Exact same issue - timing looks like it was ever since the last Roku software update on Thursday 10/27/2022

0 Kudos
nofool

I will try the HDMI unplug and replug then report back.  For me, it is just Peacock since Thursday and pne time on one Amazon Prime Video (but all other Prime Videos worked).  With Peacock it was everything... and I have done everything with the Roku secret menus except a full Factory Reset.

0 Kudos