Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadMatt70

Passwords on new Roku unit for channels

Will my channels show up on my new Roku 4k when I add it to my account and do I have to enter my info and password for each channel before I can watch each channel?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Passwords on new Roku unit for channels

Did you create a PIN on your Roku account? If you did you will have to enter your PIN to add a channel. But let’s look at Netflix as an example. You add the Netflix channel to your Roku and log into Netflix with your user account and password. Once you do that it will always be in there and you should never have to log back in. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Turning on any new Roku device you will have to enter the password initially for all apps that don't use the Roku password. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@MadMatt70 wrote:

Will my channels show up on my new Roku 4k when I add it to my account and do I have to enter my info and password for each channel before I can watch each channel?

I would say it is a possibility. I recently setup a second Ultra and thought I'd have to, but it wasn't the case for all of them. Discovery+, for example, was one that didn't require it.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.