Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomrubyc
Channel Surfer

Paramount+ profiles on Roku?

Jump to solution

I am not able to set up Paramount+ profiles on my Paramount+ Roku subscription.  How do I do this?  I had them when I was in the one-week free trial period, but now I don't.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount+ profiles on Roku?

Jump to solution

Hello @tomrubyc

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider's customer support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach them here: Paramount Plus Help

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @tomrubyc

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider's customer support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ceebandf

Jump to solution

I tried Paramount Plus through Roku. After the end of the trial Roku Paramount Plus subscription, my wife was given a gift subscription by our son. We signed up directly using her e-mail; Roku would not accept the gift card payment.  How do i change the Roku app profile to recognize the new external subscriber?  I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but that does not work: the device remembers the prior subscription. Thanks,

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ceebandf,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

To learn more about the features and functionality of a specific channel, it's best to reach out to the channel provider's customer support directly. Most channels on Roku are created and managed by their respective providers.

Thanks.

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Locker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. What is the point of signing up through Roku if you can't get the same benefits directly through the channel? This is the last time I will sign up for a channel through roku if they can't even support something they have changed or merged with their own product.

Locker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but this is not an answer. If we sign up through Roku, we should be able to get help through Roku as well. Especially if the channel through Roku is different than if we had signed up through Paramount plus directly. You can't even log into Paramount plus if you signed up with Roku, so how can we get help with them?

Locker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but this is not an answer. If we sign up through Roku, we should be able to get help through Roku as well. Especially if the channel through Roku is different than if we had signed up through Paramount plus directly. You can't even log into Paramount plus if you signed up with Roku, so how can we get help with them?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you subscribe to something through a 3rd party (for example, you can subscribe to different services from Roku, or Prime Video, or some other services), there will always be limitations on the use of that service. In most cases, you can only access that service through the 3rd party that you used. That means if you subscribe through Roku you can only watch the service on Roku devices. If you subscribe through Prime Video, you can only access that service through the Prime Video app. Special things, such as accessing the service on different devices, or using a gift certificate, most likely won't be available. The only way to have full access to a service is to subscribe directly with that service provider. 

The only advantage you get with subscribing through a 3rd party is a single point of payment. For myself, that's not enough inducement to use a 3rd party to subscribe to anything. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Locker
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They should disclaim that you get a lower service for the same price when you sign up.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Locker wrote:

They should disclaim that you get a lower service for the same price when you sign up.

I don't know that you are getting a different service. It's just an ad-free service might cost more. The same service at the same price directly from them may also have ads. And if they do, that means Roku wasn't inserting the ads in the first place. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos