Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brooklynn72180
Channel Surfer

Paramount + no longer working after Roku software 11 update

My Roku updated to software version 11 (on it's own) on April 20th.  Since then, Paramount + won't play.  I can open it, pick the show and episode and it pulls up the thumbnail image of the show and the "loading" bar on the bottom while the audio plays in the background for maybe a minute or so, before it crashes and takes me back to the Roku home screen.  I have restarted, deleted the channel, then restarted and added it back, checked for updates on Paramount +.  Nothing.  It still works on the Roku TV in my bedroom and on my phone, so I know it's neither an internet issue or an issue on Paramount's end. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + no longer working after Roku software 11 update

@Brooklynn72180  Try going into settings and update system.  Might not have gotten a clean update.

Brooklynn72180
Channel Surfer

@HDMIGuy  I've tried that a few times, sorry, I forgot to mention that.  It keeps telling me system is up to date.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Brooklynn72180

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
riceas

Same exact issue!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @riceas

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you have tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Brooklynn72180
Channel Surfer

I realized when I posted all my devices info it never actually posted.  I just went to Paramount to get the error tracking, and low and behold it's playing. I have no idea why, but I did have to log back into Paramount, so something seems to have happened.  Either way I'm happy it's working.  @riceas just keep trying and hopefully yours will come back soon. 

0 Kudos