Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount Plus won't stream and screen goes black.

I just subscribed to Paramount Plus but when I select the channel through my Roku, the screen just goes black. What to do? 

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus won't stream and screen goes black.

@Jinglebobgerri

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? Does this issue only occur on the Paramount Plus channel or does it happen across all channels? Have you already tried moving the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brigado

Hello.

I am having the same trouble with Paramount Plus, but mine will play the 1st commercial, then hang up.  I have reset roku, looked for updates and when I tried to remove the channel, that option wasn't there! Help!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brigado,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

Note: Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’ve noticed googling answers this happens a lot with paramount. I have a smart TV (not RoKu) and having the same issue with Paramount plus. All my other streaming services stream just fine. It’s only this service does it do that with. It will okay for a period of time than go black. I have to stop the show I’m watching play it back and it’ll go back to normal, but do it again later. It’s just a cycle. I’ve deleted and redownloaded the app twice now. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChiefKeesh87,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you restarted your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

4. Can you please check the software version displayed under Settings->System->About?

5. What Roku model device are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KL66
Reel Rookie

I’ve done all the resetting and I still get a black screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @KL66

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tassini
Reel Rookie

Same here. Only Paramount plus does not work. It stays on a black screen with Paramount+ on top left. 

0 Kudos
KL66
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  No issues with any other streaming service.  Just Paramount +.  I've contacted Paramount as well and have not received a solution that works.

0 Kudos