Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davexbit

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

The audio works but the visual is in slow motion on the Paramount Plus LIVE TV.  We have removed the App, and restarted Roku, shut down the entire System, unplugged everything and checked for all updates.  The visual still lags substantially behind the audio. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Paramount+ channel and have followed the troubleshooting steps outlined by @makaiguy, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RogerBlack
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

I tried these three solutions, twice, and the Paramount Plus app still does not work on Roku. It starts, but after 5 minutes or so I get a blue swirling circle on a black screen. The solution is to cast from my Android phone. I am deleting the Roku app and will not try using it again.

0 Kudos
RogerBlack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the immediate reply. Will try to contact Paramount and report back on any solution.

0 Kudos
Jbodog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has anyone had success solving this issue with Paramount+?  I've called their customer support yet told I need to correspond via email, yet, I just get the exact same troubleshooting (turn off, reset, update) links from a different customer service agent.  I've went round and round for 2 weeks and Paramount has offered zero support.  Wondering if anyone else has a different tactic for getting this issue solved with the channel?

Xcd1Jen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I went through the same repetitive cycles. Finally got a Paramount agent who “escalated” my case. The email they then sent me acknowledged the problem with some devices asked for the model number and the software version number of my Roku insignia TV. If you stay on the phone-line long enough to figure out how to get to a live agent, ask them to escalate your case and get a case number. I am still waiting to have it solved however.

joe_wht
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount Plus -ARGG

Jump to solution

ARGG...

Yeah.. Still not working.

I Deleted App, Rebooted, Updated unit, Rebooted 2nd time, Re-Re-Re-Re-added app,

Rebooted 3rd time.. Went to the app.. and -- NOTHING.. ( again and again and..)

Arggg

I see 90% of you are still talking to support.. Let us know what's up.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount Plus -ARGG

Jump to solution

Hi @joe_wht,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your playback issue with Paramount Plus.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
WI_Tom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done (1) a system reboot of the Roku system per earlier suggestions from Roku tech support on this forum, (2) Removed the Paramount Plus channel and reinstalled it, and while it shows all the available content from my Paramount Plus subscription, when I select anything an error screen pops up to say the content is not available.

So basically the Paramount Plus functionality on Roku is not working.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WI_Tom,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos