Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goof42
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Danny R., thanks for Roku looking into issues on their side.  To be clear, Paramount Plus is the only channel that's so problem plagued, at least for me.  I've owned Fire and Roku--Roku's performance across the three streamers we own has been flawless.  Are Developer Accounts free?  I feel like just rewriting the PP plug-in and make it work.

0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have similar issues.  Stinking channel does one commercial, locks up, then claims the content isn't available now.  So I open the laptop and WHAM!  It works w/o a hitch; I'm watching streaming on the laptop.  So why won't it work with Roku, the number one streamer? 

Part of PP's trouble-shooting is to reverse the cable ends used or get a new HDMI cable put in place!  Got that?  ONLY PP won't work, but they're willing to blame your hardware for their poorly written plug in.  I wanna buy 'em for what they're worth and sell 'em for what they think they're worth..

Good news though.  ROKU FOR THE WIN!  I can launch the show in my apple computer and then use AIRPLAY to push the display and sound to the big screen and sound bar.  This also means I can play a movie on the laptop and display it on the RV big screen--without running the gennie just to have 110V power for the BluRay player.

0 Kudos
IcePonyGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This solution does NOT work.....paying $$$ for a black screen . Scam ...rip off.

0 Kudos
IcePonyGirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus not working.  Why am I paying money for a black screen and not being able to view shows?  What a rip off scam.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
Does the issue only occur on Paramount plus or all channels on your Roku device? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel? 
We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

In addition, please get the latest Paramount plus channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player. 
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary, my thanks for your personal intervention.  Only PP is broken when streaming with my proven reliable Roku device, something kept patched and upgraded quickly.  Check out the history for the PP plugin.  I don't think Paramnt has a clue and has settled on blaming client hardware and software and streaming platform over their terrible coding.

I can start a PP show reliably with a browser.  Once I pause it running on the computer, starting a session with Roku seems to stream to the existing session/port on our home IP address.  Clearly, they are likely to have session set up issues with their Roku plugin coding, possibly a problem with time outs and/or session negotiation messages. 

Mary, Our Roku works flawlessly with all other channels.  Ditto for the HDMI cable PP tries to implicate as a problem.  Willing to review network traces for free coffee; rewrite their plugin for free coffee for a week.

0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Call into an impatient helpdesk agent at PP does nothing.  Posting on Roku with so many details, does nothing.  This week, either PP or Roku or both get the boot.  Tonight's issue are the horizontal lines on the screen. 

0 Kudos
EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Go to home page, click on home 5 times, then forward, pause and reverse, pause and forward again. It will bring you to the platform secret screen. Go to system operation menu and click on that.  Go through possibly display and network menus. On network menu you might want to disable network pings. But check through the menus. They do help. Restart Roku or even unplug everything for about a minute or so. It will cool your system down as well. Also check on your regular tv through your remote to see if there is anything on the system that may help as well.

0 Kudos
goof42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Really?  Secret panel only one person knows about on the Internet? Show me the website source that confirms this. 

Working now; here's how:

1.  Cancel your subscription.  Enjoy your problems until cancellation is effective; meaning you have no more ability to see their menu.  Log into your account and confirm the status is that you must subscribe.  This removes their bad vibes from your account.

2.  Resubscribe, and yes, select the "Premium" plan that doesn't bounce your display from commercial to commercial just to land you at your show--you hope.  Yes, pay an Extra $4/month just to quit the crazy set of redirects.

3.  Restart Roku to pitch all negative energy in cache.  You might wave a smokey sagebrush ember for added effect. 

4.  It should work.  If it doesn't, you might get support help quicker than never.  No promises.  The internet seems full of PP complaints.

Sorry if my sarcasm and bitterness is showing.  My Roku is F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S.  No other steaming channel has so lengthy a set of procedures for streaming their content--nor do other channels have known problems for so many streamer platforms. 

My thanks to Roku.com for giving us Owners a chance to partner on so many problems.  It's this Owner Response that makes buying your products easy.  There will be problems with all technology; it's the market leaders, like Roku, that figure out how to keep their owners engaged.

0 Kudos
Dansha95
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried everything! Commercials play fine but can not watch channels on Paramount+. I have reset wireless modem, updated Roku , updated channel, deleted channel, reset roku and added channel back on. Still unable to use. I hate paying for something I can’t use.

0 Kudos