Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missouritv

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
Bert71

Jump to solution

Anything I watch on Paramount plus on my Roku gives the error " Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again.  I have restarted my roku, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared the cache, reset the roku.  I own 5 devices and non of them work.  I had to cancel paramountPlus because of it.

0 Kudos
Anotheryou
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was not. I googled as much as I could, tried a few different tricks and still can't watch anything on Paramount plus.

0 Kudos
Kwisin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

NO... same issue with "... error occured during playback...." on all Roku devices for streamed shows or movies and just a black screen for live programming, app functions on PC

so far...

1. checked updates for
    1. Pplus
    2. Roku
  2. removed Pplus,
  3. reinstalled,
  4. restarted reset Roku device...
  5. several attempts of steps 1,2 and 3
  6. disabled firewall.

nothing has corrected this issue. All other streaming channels functioning properly.

0 Kudos
Kbish

Jump to solution

I've done everything including upgrade my package and nothing tried to contact paramount but to much avail nothing except long holds sent in message said would get to me as soon as possible now what and I've been doing this for three days

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, please make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again, specifically in this order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pdrass

Jump to solution

Tried everything.... nothing helps

Does not let me delete Paramount only move it what do I do?

0 Kudos
Kwisin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Contact PPlus help...

FB messenger worked and they found their subscription tables had me listed with two subscriptions... corrupted database probably.... table entries fixed and PPlus is working seamlessly...

GOODLUCK

0 Kudos
EmeraldEyes79
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't understand when you say remove the channel. Do I go into my Roku channels that I have listed and checked or undo my subscription. I don't have a Roku tv. Just the small unit Roku. And I just re applied to Paramount + too! If I knew this was going on I wouldn't have!

0 Kudos
zizoubka
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@PunkMaister 

@Nano0970 

May I ask where you guys reside? I happened to travel to Australia lately (where Paramount Plus has officially launched) however Paramount Plus channel still came up with a blank black screen with Paramount Plus on top left corner. It did work when I ran VPN on my router. to a US server to get US IP address.

So the problem might be networking / geo-block issues, prolly this version of Paramount Plus app only allows US IP address.

@makaiguy 

@RokuDanny-R 

@RokuMary-F 

0 Kudos