Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDaug
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

Here is how I fixed my problem

Until yesterday I was still having issues with Paramount plus on Roku only giving me a signup or sign out screen.

Here is how I fixed this problem. I called Paramount plus at 888-274-5343 and chose the billing issue option. I did that because I had been charged but couldn't use the app. 

Apparently I had 2 accounts, one with the email I used for CBSAA and one I used to sign up for Paramountplus because it told me the email existed when I tried using the same one from CBAA. So that caused the app not to work. The very nice and helpful Paramount plus customer service rep fixed everything.

The app now works on both Rouk's.

0 Kudos
agrilli

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

The solution doesn't work.

Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m not sure what solution you’re referencing but I’ll take this opportunity to tell you what worked for me. (Apparently no one reads the earlier responses as I can’t believe this string is still going.)

Go to the paramount+ site and sign up there. They have a one year rate that will save you around $20 per year PLUS you get a free month trial. So .......if like me you just paid for another month of CBS+(now Paramount+) and you can’t even use it.......it’s a wash with the free month with the new subscription.

After you sign up with paramount+ directly (monthly or annual), be sure to cancel the subscription where Roku is the intermediary biller.

Added benefit — you can now watch Paramount+ on more devices that have the Paramount+ app instead of being restricted to your Roku.

0 Kudos
rootbeer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The string keeps going because it is a systemic issue which one would hope could get fixed systemically. When this many people have a problem someone should actually take the time to fix it. I've tried all the solutions posted here and talked to both companies. I'm doing like you - cancel the Roku subscription and move to Paramount directly.

But for Roku to say that they aren't responsible for 3rd party apps when it is a billing confusion and they are doing the billing is stupid. And for Paramount to promise an escalation ticket for weeks and then do nothing is also stupid. 

Jump to solution

Danny, 

I paid for a full subscription through Apple. Paramount+ works on my phone and tablet, but not on my Roku. I have already been billed for the whole year so I am reluctant to cancel in case I can’t be refunded.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Leaveyrocks

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Paramount+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It worked for me but I had to use a different email address in order to sign up again. The system would not let me use the email address I had used previously. Thank you for your help!!!!!

Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had to use a different email to sign up directly with Paramount+ as well.

0 Kudos
Visiter555
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, works on three of my four Roku Ultras, does not work on a PC or iPad with the sign on error.

I originally signed up direct with CBS All Access just before they changed to ParamountPlus.  

so the truth is it is not a Roku issue as the ParamountPlus app on Win10 and iPad also don’t wor and neither does Safari, Chrome or Edge.  

0 Kudos
88dave

Jump to solution

I signed back up again on the roku like the first time with cbs all accsess said i was reinstated but i was supposed to be grandfathered in put pin # in all worked did my 5 buck one worked on all boxes no new email or password same LETS see if i get double billed. let you know