Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_63
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

My best assumption is paramount doesn't want their payment via roku, but directly to them. 

Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount+ keeps showing sign up or sign out, even though I have subscription

Jump to solution

Thanks @Mark_63!!  It worked, but a few things I noticed:

1. When I tried to use my Roku email, it said that one was already taken
  2. I then tried to sign in (with my Roku email and password) and it took me back to where I was in the sign up process, at which point I selected my payment method (as you mentioned)
  3. After I selected payment method and confirmed, the website took me to the Welcome screen
  4. From there, I went back to my Roku, added the channel and it worked

Great job!!

0 Kudos
Skimof671
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Still learning to use posts so excuse the fact I replied to this BEFORE I marked it as a solution.

Thanks @Mark_63!!  It worked, but a few things I noticed:

1. When I tried to use my Roku email, it said that one was already taken
  2. I then tried to sign in (with my Roku email and password) and it took me back to where I was in the sign up process, at which point I selected my payment method (as you mentioned)
  3. After I selected payment method and confirmed, the website took me to the Welcome screen
  4. From there, I went back to my Roku, added the channel and it worked

Great job!!

Orangestng
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wanted to give a huge "Thanks" to Mark_63, his suggestion worked!!!

My monthly payment will now be going directly to Paramount+, even though I originally subscribed to CBS All Access through my Roku account, but at least is is working on my TV once again. Of course it just auto withdrew on the 10th, so my next charge better be after that for next month.  On the bright side, I now have Paramount+ on my tablet, since I used it to resign up. I have to admit that I miss the old days of customer service, where you could "call" and talk to an actual person, in order to get problems like this solved. 

Good luck to the rest of you having this problem, be sure to try Mark_63's solution before giving up, it's worth a try. 

CDaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

that is exactly what happened to me. The switch on the 4th was fine then on the 14th I can no longer access paramount. I called Paramount. They said my account did not sync correctly. They had to escalate the problem but had no idea how long it would take to fix.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here.  Since there are so many of us, surely they will come up with a fix.

It's some disconnect between Roku and Paramount+. 

They'll have to work it out.

0 Kudos
cddemeter

Jump to solution

So, do I have to cancel the paramount+ account on Roku and then sign up on the Paramount+ site?

0 Kudos
Cbtyler
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I signed up on paramount+ first (and selected annual although I could have done monthly)  and then went into my Roku account and cancelled the Roku Paramount+ account there (thinking it would lose my favorites  and last item viewed but it didn’t).

0 Kudos
ccannon73
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here - it worked after the channel change but then stopped sometime this week. 

Factory reset, checked all the upgrades etc. 

I'm wondering if it's tied to the subscription. I had gotten a 3month commercial free trial and then began paying. I'm just curious if anyone else is having this problem with an account they didn't get through Roku.

0 Kudos
KarlaK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine was the same way. I had to cancel my current subscription then follow the step by step written out by Mikeon page one of chat. You will have to pay again. Good luck

0 Kudos