Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baebaehepple
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Content is not available try again later - Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

I found the fix. I stopped using the app and signed up through Prime to add Paramount. Problem solved. I never got help and came up with this solution on my own. It's the app. Take responsibility and fix it!

0 Kudos
mnd2022

Jump to solution

Go to system settings, reset network settings. It will turn off, come back on, then you connect to your wifi. Works every time. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@baebaehepple wrote:

... It's the app. Take responsibility and fix it!

Um, Paramount Plus built their app, not Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kolyaboo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It works except I can't watch Smile. Go figure. I will also report to Paramount

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Kolyaboo

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Paramount Plus channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Paramount Plus Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna 

0 Kudos
sputicus

Re: Paramount Plus Roku error 'content unavailable'

Jump to solution

I had this problem and after reading several threads here I found the cause of my issue.

When I tried streaming nearly any P+ show in the Roku application I would get the message "Error: Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again".  After about a minute the screen changes and says "Content Unavailable: The content you are trying to play is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

One thread I read gave the phone number for Paramount Plus technical support: 1-888-274-5343

The people who answer have very strong accents and can't do more than ask you to turn the TV on and off to try to solve the problem. They can then escalate the issue which then causes additional email suggestions to be sent to you, which are not much more helpful.

One thread I saw said they solved the issue by resetting their internet hardware. Another thread stated they solved the problem by turning off some ad blocking software/hardware that blocked certain sites for their home network. 

I realized this could be happening to me, as I have a Circle system that blocks various sites from my kids. I had my Rokus managed this way to prevent unrestricted access to YouTube. When I disconnected the Circle hardware, my P+ problems went away. I saw the Circle system was blocking sites that I believe had to do with serving Ads while I streamed. When I turned off Circle filtering on my Roku devices, P+ started streaming perfectly. 

I'm posting this in case it helps someone else with similar issues. I don't think P+ tech support would have ever found this issue for me.