Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albailey

Paramount Plus International App

Dual Citizen (USA/Canada) currently living/working in Canada.

Signed up for Paramount Plus in Canada (billed in CDN$ with confirmation from ViacomCBS Streaming Canada ULC). Added channel and signed in. Opened channel and it loads only a black screen with "Paramount +" visible in the upper left corner.

Contacted Paramount+ support, went through the usual; power cycle router, remove/reload channel, confirm latest version, factory reset of device. Result: Opened channel and it loads only a black screen with "Paramount +" visible in the upper left corner.

Paramount+ support then realizes I'm using Version 7.1, which is US only, and I should be using the International version 5.11. *But* they're unable to send me a link to the International version.

How can I access/add the International version of the Paramount+ App when only the US version is available in the Channel Store? (It's been several years since I added any 'unlisted' channels, and thought I read Roku was trying to phase them out?)

Thanks! - al.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus International App

I suspect (guessing) that you created your account in the US and so are using the US channel store?  (The channel store is actually a different channel store for each country.)

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@albailey 

You may need two Roku accounts. One for Canada use and one for USA use.

The apps can vary from country to country, and the content within the apps can vary from country to country.

If you move the Roku across border, you would need to unlink from one account then link to the other.

Or have Roku devices for each country. This may be the least troublesome (though more expensive) option, as there have been issues in the past with Roku devices from one country used in another. But try the unlink/link method first. It's cheaper.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
albailey

Thanks Strega, yeah, my original acct was in the US. I didn't realize there were Country-specific stores, as in the past channels such as Netflix and Prime have not had an issue on either side of the 49th. Cheers!

0 Kudos
albailey

Thanks DBDukes, I will investigate setting up separate accounts for each country, and do a factory reset on the unit before logging in with the new Canada account, as I'm no longer bouncing back and forth for a while. Cheers! - al.

0 Kudos