Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlsonClan
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

We are also experiencing this but not all the time while trying to stream Paramount+. Would love to find a solution.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

We are currently aware of the issue that is affecting playback within the Paramount+ channel and are investigating.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomFr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is complete **bleep**.  Who is to blame?  Roku or Paramount+?  Does this go back to some old CBS Access accounts?  I am already due money back on my subscription from days of no access.  Do we cancel you, or do we cancel Paramount+?  You are the orchestrators of this issue.  You are to blame until proven otherwise.  Please get busy and reply soon.

Tom

TomFr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That sounds nice, but how could you possibly login to Paramount+ with the 'non-Roku' account, in order to alter the email address, given that you don't even know where it came from, and what the password might be, given also that it shares the same email address as the 'Roku' account?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Buck2208

Jump to solution

Was this issue resolved. I receive the same error?

0 Kudos
Oldsurfer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Every time I try to watch a video I get the message “An error occurred during playback…”  Frustrating to say the least.  We just reactivated our account but are unable to view any content.

freezorburn
Channel Surfer

Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback. DO NOT BUY!

Jump to solution

DO NOT BUY PARAMOUNT PLUS.   I am calling my credit card company and claiming fraud.   

A week ago i bought a 1 year subscription.  All I have ever seen is this error  "Error occurred during playback. please try again"  NO ERROR CODE IS GIVEN.

I called waited 3 hours and was hung up on. 

I sent 3 Emails to support -  Nothing .

I did every single trick Listed in the trouble shooting.  IE reset,  Delete and re-add channel

Nothing works,  I will be bashing Paramount plus everywhere online.   DO NOT BUY THERE PRODUCT, you get zero support and it dose not work.

Oldsurfer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I stream Hulu, HBO+, Prime, Netflix, Acorn, Disney, Curiosity Stream, Roku Channel, etc. with no problems.  Only Paramount + has this issue.  Definitely a Paramount + issue. Watched one video on Paramount + with no problem but since then have been getting this error message.  Tried restarting the Roku, updated the Paramount + app but still get the error message.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback. DO NOT BUY!

Jump to solution

Hey @freezorburn

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback. DO NOT BUY!

Jump to solution

@freezorburn-

Some questions:

How did you subscribe to Paramount+?  Directly with Paramount?  Through Roku?  Through some other 3rd party (Hulu, Amazon, etc)?

How are you trying to view Paramount+?  Directly on the Paramount+ channel app installed on a Roku?  Via The Roku Channel?  Via some other means?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos