Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

@Andy15  if all the apps on your Roku device do not work, then it might be an issue with your router/modem.  If it’s not a router/modem issue, you may need to check if the Roku is powered through your TV’s USB port or the wall outlet.  If it’s powered through the wall outlet, you probably need to do these steps, and in the correct order as always:

1.  Remove each channel affected with the device.

2. Settings > System > Power (If not applicable skip to the next step!) > System Restart.

3.  Reinstall each channel affected with the device.

If none of those steps work, even when in the correct order, then all I can suppose is that you probably own a defective Roku device unit.  If your Roku is a model that’s out of warranty now, it’s probably time to upgrade to a newer Roku model.  Or, if it’s still under warranty, you could contact Roku customer support (https://support.roku.com/contactus) about your Roku, and/or return the unit to the store for a replacement unit.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Andy15

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JerseyMama70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried all that. I even canceled roku and waited a couple of days to reinstall it. I can’t watch britbox or paramount.  

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JerseyMama70  then it’s an issue with Britbox and Paramount + servers.  
~ Jordan 

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JerseyMama70,

Thanks for the post! 

Does the issue only occur only for Britbox and Paramount or all channels on your Roku device? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channels?

When removing a channel, make sure to restart your Roku device (Settings>System>System restart) before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. 

Keep us posted on how it goes! 

Regards,
Nimfa

JerseyMama70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Britbox I can’t get the shows to play.  Paramount I keep getting the error message 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, @JerseyMama70!

Please provide us with more specific detailed information. What happened when you tried to access the Britbox channel? Are you trying to access Britbox through The Roku Channel? What error message did you receive when launching the Paramount Plus channel? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JerseyMama70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Britbox I only have sound.  No audio.  I canceled it. Because of it.

paramount I get thiS

ParamountParamount

I have canceled both because of it

Jump to solution

This worked for me too. Thanks!

0 Kudos
BobTG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Followed the steps suggested and it did not work. I only get the error when I try to watch live tv from my local cvs station.