Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nenasunshine2
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Reach out to Paramount to see if you have a duplicate account

0 Kudos
Malone1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue I’ve tried all the troubleshooting and nothing is working.

-Roku tv - 7833x

-onn model - 100012587

-Serial number - YNOOAA923396

-Device ID - B7819A923396

-Software Version - 11.0.0 • build 5004-AT

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Malone1, If you've already tried everything that has been posted, sadly my only suggestion is to contact Paramont+ about the issue. If you can get to the settings button within the app, and select Support. I suggest you take a snapshot with your phone or send an email to them with the information directly from your phone. Just a note, you will see the external IP address, it should not be your local network IP address. This is the issue I was having five months ago. If it is, that might be contributing to the issue.

I doubt they will resolve the issue, but it is an issue on their side. 

To summarize as many of the fixes I've read here when only the Paramount+ app is the issue;

Remove the app, power down for at least a minute, power up, and re-install the app.

Check for app (not Roku device) updates.

Create a second profile

Create a new account, using a different email address (7 days free). If it works, cancel the old account.

Finally, good luck. I have canceled my account with them 4 times because of this issue which was happening across both of my Roku and FireCube devices. Currently, Paramount is mostly working on my Roku devices, but I have no idea for how long. I say mostly, Paramount+ still stops working, but after a reboot or a "Check for App Updates," it starts to work again. I hate the Paramount+ app, unreliable and their support is terrible.

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

PARAMOUNT PLUS - They are a failure!

Jump to solution

Since P+ and Roku will do NOTHING to fix this app(7 months and counting), I suggest boycotting one or both of them.  It don't work anyways so it shouldn't be too hard a decision.  Roku should remove this app since P+ will do NOTHING to fix it.  ZERO.  I am tired of seeing 'content not available - try later' during the ad breaks or stuttery video or freezing and ALWAYS during the ad breaks.  Why is this so hard to fix?  Yeah my I-net speed is fine, Yeah I've checked for updates and removed the app, added it back blah blah blah there's nothing P+ or Roku can say that I have not tried in the past 7 months.  I've had it.  If you pay for P+ you will be 100% letdown.  I use a friends acct. & I barely use it because I have issues everytime with it UNLESS it's a movie which are ad-free.  But silly me I try to watch mainly tv shows with it.  ROKU shame on you for not doing something about this when it's obvious P+ wont or can't or too incompetent or W -T -F ever,  

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: PARAMOUNT PLUS - They are a failure!

Jump to solution

You need to direct your attention to Paramount+ and not Roku. All channels are responsible for their channels not Roku.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've used Paramount+ since 2017 (starting when they were "CBS All Access") and haven't noticed any significant issues.  The one issue I ran into once was that I pressed the replay button soon after returning from commercials and it played all the commercials again.  Other than that annoyance, it's been fine.  I've never seen a stutter.

But for sure, don't use them if you don't like them.  Since you're not paying anyway, I guess somehow we're both getting our money's worth. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I paid off & on for 6 years and had issues - THIS APP ONLY.  All other apps fine.  But the last 6-7 months have been the worst yet.  I tried to cancel my 1 year subscription and they wouldn't do it.  I hope they go out of *&^%% business with this app.  Look at their FB page and downdetector. com - they are getting massive complaints and Roku ignore it all.  

CarlsonClan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If it is just Paramount Plus that is an issue would that indicate a PP problem and not a Roku problem?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

OK, I went to downdetector and it says: "User reports indicate no current problems at Paramount+" Now below that it does show a graph that shows SOME problems reported, however, when I look at HBOMax and Netflix on that site, the number of reports are higher (worse.)  So I didn't see anything uniquely wrong with paramount+ based on that site. But yeah, if they routinely don't work for you, then don't use them.

0 Kudos
T2015Cubs

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

This work around doesn't fix.  They keep giving us the same solution and the solution doesn't work.  What I have noticed is that Paramount + works just fine on my Roku Streaming Sticks.  It will NOT WORK on the Roku Ultra.  

0 Kudos