Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhuvi100x
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Have you tried DNS change on your router?

Is this only happening for Channels? and movies work - if yes then its definitely he ad blocker

As a test, download ad blockers for Chrome on PC and try to run the same , you will get the same issue

0 Kudos
Bhuvi100x
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

See my reply above

0 Kudos
pecannuts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, I will try it, but just for your it only happens with the recent seasons or recent movies or the most popular series. 

0 Kudos
pecannuts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just for your information,  it only happens with the most popular series and the recent series and movies

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Honestly, I gave up, and canceled Paramount+. If everyone did, it would get their attention. Paramount needs to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would like to suggest REMOVING this app until P+ gets their sh** together & starts owning up to the fact that this app is just flat not working correctly(since last October in my case).  The ad breaks seem to be the majority of the issue when it will stop and say 'content unvailable - try later' and the app stops working.  This is just getting ridiculous.  Look at your forums, look at their FB page, look at downdetector. com - EVERYBODY SAYS THIS APP IS TOTAL CR@.P AND WON'T WORK.  Remove the app until they fix it.!!

joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Here is a kind of workaround if, you only use ParamountPus (not a misspelling) for two shows, and you are subscribing at the $5 a month level. At $5 a month, that's $60 a year. A typical season in HD is $30. I refuse, due to their reliability issues to buy an annual subscription which drops the cost by $10. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Paramountpus is horrible. It's like playing Lotto, you pay for a chance at something, but mostly get disappointed. Man Sad

If yours stops working after you start watching a program and it tries to play commercials, I have not had a chance to try this, you can give it a whirl. Create a second profile in the Paramountpus app and switch to the other profile when it stops working. Let us know if that works.

I mentioned in an earlier post, that a few times when the app stopped working, I'd exit the app, highlight it from the home screen, select Option (*), and select Update App. The version number doesn't change but it seems to reset the app and it will work the remainder of the night. As you know, they have been unreliable ever since they switched from being CBS All Access.

0 Kudos
JF84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is working just fine since now, no issues

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Malone1, Does this issue only affect Paramount+ or other apps and services?

0 Kudos
Nenasunshine2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I installed the app on my phone.  Same issue. The problem was caused by a duplicate account. I had Paramount + via roku previously.   I reactivated the membership through the Roku. Apparently it created a duplicate account on Paramount end. They had to remove one account. Then it worked. Moral to the story don't cancel and reactivate

0 Kudos