Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joepucci
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Today, as soon as it started acting funky I had my Roku check for a Paramount+ update, and it appears there was, after that it seems to now be working.

My Paramount Plus version is now 7.1 Build 20220315

Give it try, maybe it will help at least for the moment.

0 Kudos
Dansha95
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, mine is now working.

0 Kudos
JF84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is not working.  Restarted Roku, update Paramount plus, rebooted modem and wifi.  Paramount+ worked great for two months because I watch all of 1883 and loved it.  This error **bleep** started last week.  Guess I will just cancel. 

0 Kudos
JF84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just figured it out.  I happened to read that someone had turned on their ad blocker and I remembered that I turned mine on last week.  That's when my trouble began.  Just turned it off and there you go, Paramount+ is working.  

0 Kudos
SpringheeledJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku device model
-serial number

YH0001082962

-device ID

K43080082962

-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

10.5.0 BUILD 4208-91

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button

Paramount + 7.1 build 20220315

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

62-04-11T04:04:22Z

-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message

Error

Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Play literally any show. Happens to all Roku devices on network. No recent network changes have occurred.

0 Kudos
Bhuvi100x
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is ad related as I saw the same issue on PC, then figured out on router - saw logs when playing any channel ( movies played fine ), they need the ADS for their sponsors like CBS etc,  added them in whitelist and works

If your router doesn't have ad-blocking then its probably DNS - change to google DNS

I USE ad--blocking/firewall etc on a Asus Router with Customer s/w Merlin thus could fix it, it maybe hit and miss for some but this is ad-related for sure

As a test, do a Mobile Hotspot on your Cellphone ( AT&T etc ) and let Roku use that instead of your home internet, try and see if that has a difference

Tags (1)
SpringheeledJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are the only one to suggest a DNS change and that fixed it! You are a life saver.

0 Kudos
gtherron

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

This works if you have eeros ad blocking on, turn off

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Nope - nothing to do with ad blocker.  At least on mine.  It's just a bad app 

0 Kudos
pecannuts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i did everything that you suggested but unfortunately that error still happened.

i am using a roku tv tlc model 32s335

rating 120v 60hz 50w

i was paying for the subscription, but i can't see anything.

please help!  i am looking forward to have this channel.

cynthia

0 Kudos