Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbishopgso
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

How do you remove the secondary account. I am showing Limited (monthly) on the Roku/TV and Limited (Yearly) on the web login. I have paid for an annual subscription. Renewed in Feb, when all these problems started.

0 Kudos
bbishopgso
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Turns out my problem was ad blocking on my Plum network. Once I removed that it all started working again.

MikeM08

Jump to solution

Hello,  I tried the remove, restart, and reinstall and it still has the "Error, Unfortunately, an occurred during playback.  Please try again".  It happens on ALL my Roku devices, I have 3 sticks and 1 ultra.  My Samsung Smart TV it works fine.  Please advise ASAP 

0 Kudos
candyce

Jump to solution

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) PARAMOUNT + Version 7.1 build 20220315
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Model:8211X-Roku TV

Serial number: YK007E872456 (KTR927872456)

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-90

Timestamp: 2022-03-27TO2:23:56Z

ID 56-122-543
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message "Error Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again."
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing -selecting any show to watch.  I can get in the app and select a show, but when you select to play it, you get the error message

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have given up.  F *** Paramount+.  Enough.  I will never use them again.  Ever.  It's been 6 months of problems and nothing gets fixed or improved with the ad break problem.  Their app should be removed from Roku.  Period.  

joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have to agree with you. I thought it was getting better. For about two weeks I had no issue, but on 4/2 and 4/3 I started having issues. For me, it's always related to when the commercials either start or stop playing. A few months ago 85 seconds of the 90 seconds of commercials would play and in the last 5 seconds, the app would glitch, resulting in the app hanging. I have 3 different device platforms that I use, and this problem was only happening with my Roku and FireCube, but not my Samsung Smart TV.

Like magic, which now appears to just be random, the app started working across all devices and platforms. That all stopped on 4/2, for my FireCube. About 20 minutes into a show, I think it was NCIS Los Angeles, the app on my FireCube hung at the beginning of a commercial break, it kept repeating the first 2 seconds of the commercial and then popping back to the last second of the show.

I switched over to my Roku, and picked the show up, right where I left off on the other device.

If Paramount+ thinks this is a way to make me bump up to commercial-free, I have news for them... It's never going to happen now.

I know it's only a matter of time before the Paramount+ app on my Roku glitches. I'm going to try and reset the app today, if I have time, time to waste that is, because that is likely what it will be.

0 Kudos
mindbender
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@bbishopgso - THANK YOU!!! This was my problem as well.

I had Ad Blocking activated on my router and nothing would work for the Paramount Plus app. All other Roku channels/apps did not depend on this (including Hulu, which is Ad-Kingdom), but the Paramount Plus app required it to be deactivated.

No Roku reboot required, no router reboot required. Just deactivated Ad Blocking and BOOM! It works.

I'd love to be able to set an exclusion for the Paramount Plus app, but there are no network or UID info to whitelist it. But thank you for the valuable tip.

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: "I drank what?" - Real Genius, 1985
0 Kudos
Bhuvi100x
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It was indeed the router ad-blocking, I added these to my whitelist and then worked fine

I went through the logs and these were the culprit which I added to my whitelist

scribe.logs.roku.com
pubads.g.doubleclick.net
87a6b28bc7823e67a5bb2a0a6728c702afcae78d.cws.conviva.com
cbsinteractive.hb.omtrdc.net
saa.cbsi.com
sb.scorecardresearch.com
dpm.demdex.net
s-video.innovid.com
display.ravm.tv
search.spotxchange.com

joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank You for sharing. I wish that was my issue because the solution is something that I can do. I've read so much about people who have routers that implemented some type of Ad-Blocking, either via Parently controls or Firewalls, that I went back and triple-checked my Router, a Linksys Velop Tri-band Mesh system to see if it has such service. It does have a built-in service in the form of Parently Control, but it is not on by default and was off.

Interestingly I discovered Linksys does offer a subscription service that provides additional blocking, called Linksys Shield. So, if anyone is paying for this service, (knowing or unknowingly) you need to check the settings. 

0 Kudos
Jlear

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

I am also having the same issue only with Paramount +. None of the fixes work and get an error on playback 

Roku Model: 4660RW

Serial: YJ00D6169692

Device ID: CS396D169692

Software: 10.5.0 Build 4208-46

0 Kudos