Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joepucci
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

The issue is with Paramount Plus. Many of us have contact Paramount+ about this on going issue, but we have yet to see a solution. The problem seems to be a cross Roku and FireTV devices.

We're you a CBS All Access customer prior to them becoming Paramount+? If so, you might want to try this fix. The working theory is that the old CBS All Access membership is still bouncing around in their data base. If you have another email address, start a new account, which is free for 7 days, login with the account and see if the problem is resolved. Let us know if this fixes it. Others may follow your path.

0 Kudos
RocksGirl

Jump to solution

I was able to successfully resolve the playback issues by removing the ad blocker on my Wi-Fi network. We have a HomePass by Plume from our internet provider that allowed me to do this easily. Hope this helps.

Ponchojim
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

I installed Paramount Plus on my Samsung smart tv, Samsung tablet, and HP laptop and it works great.  Must be my Roku devices ( 4k+ express and Roku express). How can I  fix this?

Jim 

0 Kudos
LINA451

Jump to solution

PARAMOUNT ANSWES THE PHONE AFTER BEING ON HOLD FOR 53 MINUTES THEN LETS YOU ASK QUESTION ABOUT ERROR MESSAGE AND PUTS YOU BACK ON HOLD SO FAR 20 MINUTES. THEY CALL THEIR WEB SITE PISSED OFF CUSTOMERS.. PRETTY BAD.

0 Kudos
Ponchojim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a  factory reset on both Rokus and Paramount now works. 

0 Kudos
takemehome

Jump to solution

If you have an eero device, a setting that Paramount creates an issue with playing content. Here is a helpful youtube tutorial I found that fixed the problem for us with a quick setting adjustment in our eero. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9S-Q1iSl0I

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Uh, this is a ROKU forum.  For Roku devices.    (????????????????)

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dragonboots2005 wrote:

Uh, this is a ROKU forum.  For Roku devices.    (????????????????)

Eero is a wi-fi router, and if Ad-Blocking is enabled, it can cause issues with Paramount+ on nearly all streaming devices including Roku.

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That is a good suggestion and for a few people that might be the case, and those with that brand router should check the FAQ for the product, but for many, it is not the solution. If you visit the FB Paramount+ support group, you'll discover something is very wrong at Paramount+ and they are aware of, but either can't or are encouraged to fix it. If it is an Ad Blocker setting, it will never function, which is not the case. This is an intermittent issue that comes and goes. I don't have any type of Ad blocking on my Router. Additionally, my equipment running on wired ethernet. Last night, the first show streamed with no issue, the next show stalled at the last 7 seconds of the commercial. After switching to another device show continued for 85% and stalled in the last 10 minutes of the program. Three more tries and I got to the end.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@joepucci wrote:

That is a good suggestion and for a few people that might be the case, and those with that brand router should check the FAQ for the product, but for many, it is not the solution. If you visit the FB Paramount+ support group, you'll discover something is very wrong at Paramount+ and they are aware of, but either can't or are encouraged to fix it. If it is an Ad Blocker setting, it will never function, which is not the case. This is an intermittent issue that comes and goes. I don't have any type of Ad blocking on my Router. Additionally, my equipment running on wired ethernet. Last night, the first show streamed with no issue, the next show stalled at the last 7 seconds of the commercial. After switching to another device show continued for 85% and stalled in the last 10 minutes of the program. Three more tries and I got to the end.

You are absolutely correct with that assumption. Since December, Roku TVs and Roku devices have been unable to stream 4K HDR content from P+ in anything higher than 1080p. P+ blames Roku, claiming that OS v10.5 is blocking that ability. If that were the case, people would also be complaining about the same issue on Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc. Even worse, the P+ app on Samsung TVs is having a location detection issue, causing content to not play due to territory licensing issues.

0 Kudos