Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nenasunshine2
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Only on paramount +. Doesn't happen. On other channels. 

0 Kudos
aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Mary:  This a chronic a problem running Paramount+ on ROKU boxes (both of my 2 boxes and a large community of users).

Please don't ask everyone to Remove; Reboot; Reload.... when you are aware that this does NOT solve the problem.  An Executive should take charge to preserve ROKU's reputation and reduce further damage to ROKU's public reputation.

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think Roku needs to threaten to pull Paramount+'s app if they won't f--- g fix the thing.  We are being ignored by both companies or it sure seems like it.  

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I like your idea. It would be great if both Roku and FireTV followed your suggestion. I didn't try to watch anything on Paramount+ in the last few days. 

This question is for everyone having issues with Paramount+.

What shows and at what time were you trying to watch? 

0 Kudos
wellsca
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did have this channel; however, no amount of tech support could make it work; I finally cancelled it. I didn't want to, but I'm not paying for something that doesn't function. Hopefully, if more people cancel, they'll eventually fix the problem.

aphumphries
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok. We found a workaround fir Paramount Plus:

Access Paramount Plus through PrimeVideo by adding it there ... it works !

CarlsonClan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How does one do this if they don't have a PrimeVideo subscription?

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You need to have a Prime Video subscription to add the Paramount+ channel to the Prime video service. It doesn't work 100% of the time, just more often.

Sometimes, if I go into Paramount+ App, either on my Roku or FireTv, and instead of going to "Continue Watching", I go to CBS first, and navigate to the show I'm interested in watching, it works, but I think it's luck of the draw. If I pick the right show, at the right time, on the right day, pat my head, while rubbing my belly, and hop on one foot... It might work. Oh, I forget to mention, only if there is a full moon and all the stars align just right, I've got a chance to watch my show. I'm not always that lucky.  

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

It's still not effing fixed 5 months later(October).  Incompetent companies and non existent customer service for both

0 Kudos
Aviationfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 4670X Roku ultra 

issue ID 64-082-228

cannot watch shows on Paramount+ app. Commercial plays for a few seconds then the error pops up on screen.

cannot remove app from the Home Screen in the normal way. Tried factory reset, still not working 

0 Kudos