Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joepucci
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

That is very frustrating news. The only to get any company to fix something is for we the consumer, to do something. I strongly suggest that we cancel our subscription with them. If you can watch what you paid for, then why should we continue to pay. 

I already canceled my alternate account, the free 7-day free subscription was coming to an end. Paramount+ has dropped no new content that I want to see... So, I will be canceling my regular Parammount+ subscription. Of course, it's not going to matter much unless huge numbers of people cancel the service. Otherwise, they have no incentive to resolve the matter.

cenelson
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Yes me too! Just bought this channel, watched one episode of 1883 and am now getting the same error message so no more 1883! Reboots do not work.  If I hear the Paramount loading sound one more time I'm going break my tv! What the **bleep**?? 

0 Kudos
cenelson
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback. DO NOT BUY!

Jump to solution

Deleting the channel and re starting the Roku system does not work. You guys need to fix this or stop taking people's money.

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The saga continues... Paramount+ support via FB, which moved to a very slow PM dialog when I started advising people to cancel their subscriptions. At least that's my impression. They claim instant responses via PM. They clearly have a different definition of instant. It takes about 32 to 36 hours for them to reply, with no resolution. The last PM, they requested that send them IP and device address data, which I provided, in less than an hour. I wonder if that qualifies as instant?

As of 2/9/2022, I have canceled my renewal, which ends on 2/21/2022. I've told them that if the issue is not resolved they will lose a customer. As for the shows that I so enjoyed, I will have to just move on to the dozens of other shows on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, BritBox, Acorn, Apple TV, or Disney+. I think my dance card is pretty full. I will miss NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS Hawaii and, Magnum PI, but I will not pay for a service that doesn't work, and because these shows are produced by Paramont+ I refuse to buy the seasons. 

Nonetheless, I will continue to provide updates as to their progress. I suspect they are just going to run the clock out and wait until my subscription ends. If that is the direction they take, I never do business with them again.

0 Kudos
rbtoab

Jump to solution

same thing.  ripped off

0 Kudos
rbtoab

Jump to solution

Also, this happens not only on roku, but firestick also.  it's a paramount plus rip off issue.  DO NOT BUY THIS APP

0 Kudos
rbtoab

Jump to solution

I didn't see it mentioned but this is not only a roku specific issue, paramount plus does not work also on firesticks, it does the same thing. It is a paramount plus software issue. Best thing to do would be do not pay for this app until it is fixed, which may take a while as everything is moving slower recently.

joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I agree completely, I canceled my service with paramount+ a few days ago. 

It was stated a week ago in that it is without question a Paramount+ issue, but it got buried in the thread.

No sense in paying for something that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
MD2022

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Model 3930RW- roku express

Serial # xx00400L5V0S6(S0092065V0S6)

VERSION-10.5.0

Build4208-AE

Issue ID-S6-063-904

0 Kudos
Nenasunshine2
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus error unable to play content

Jump to solution

As of 2/12/22 can't watch Paramount +.  After watching one episode.  Everything results in "error . Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback.  Please try again" No error code. I reset the roku, router and modem.  Logged out of Paramount + and logged in. Cancelled the subscription,  removed the app and reset the roku. I created a new profile. Same issue. All other apps work. Is playback contingent on the superbowl and valentines day?

0 Kudos