Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wellsca
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

I have tried every suggestion possible, and it still freezes during playback! What's next cancellation? I would prefer not. 

0 Kudos

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

I have followed all these steps and I am still having this issue.  Has this issue been solved yet?

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello All, 

It's a bit too early in my test to see if deleting my old CBS All Access account would have any impact. I emailed Paramount+, five or six times, I lost count. Other than the auto-reply, I have gotten zero replies from a rep. For that reason, I cannot determine if my old account is active on their server. 

In my pursuit of a solution, I created a new account under a different email address, and I'm using up the free 7-day pass. Unfortunately, only a few of the shows that I normally watch have dropped new episodes. That being said, don't have enough data (attempt to watch a show) to conclude that it is a solution. Of the five shows, I've watched on Paramount+ in the 7 to 9 PM time frame, I've had zero fails with the new account, but this may not be significant because I got the same result using the old account attempting to watch the same programs.

I will continue to test until I get a failure on my original account that cannot be repeated on my new account, which would lead me to conclude that it is a solution.

Until today, when I noticed this topic blowing up I was suspecting that Paramount+ solved the problem, but clearly, they haven't. 

I'm positive this is a Paramount+ issue, as only happening with Paramount+ and the problem is affecting my other Non-Ruku Streaming devices when trying to watch Paramount+

Please keep this thread alive by reporting issues until we have a work around or by some miracle Paramount+ fixes it. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am using an EERO as my Mesh Wifi system.  I went in and turned off the ad blocker feature and Paramount+ now works for me on Ruko.

joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That's a good suggestion, but not my issue. If that was the issue, Paramount+ would never work, but it was until they did something and it will intermittently, but unreliable work. If a router setting is blocking Paramount+, it's not doing some times, it's blocking it 100% of the time.

This particular problem happens at the 7-second point in the commercial load, which happens to be when the CBS logo normally takes over. That's where it is breaking. 

If when this is happening, I switch from either my Roku or FireTV to my Samsung Smart TV, open the Paramount+ app, it works fine, and I'm still using the same router and network.

0 Kudos
xackley
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Paramount needs to figure this  out. No problems with any other service, even the free ones stream as expected.

For 3 months I get an email every once in a while stating they are working on it.

I guess if they already have our money they give their connectivity problems a low priority.

Don

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update - 2022/02/07.

I finally got a reply from Paramount+ regarding this mayhem. What follows is their response.

"Dear Joseph,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the requested information. Our technical team is aware of the problem, and as soon as this is resolved, we will contact you. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Please feel free to call us at (888) 274-5343, 7 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. (ET) with any questions. Our support team will be happy to assist you."

I don't know if that means there is a solution at hand, but I hope a solution will be forthcoming. 

0 Kudos
ecvenic

Jump to solution

roku ultra
Roku device model:4670x

serial number: YJ000V462010

device id: KW9050462010 

software os/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-46

it only occurs with paramount plus. Got an error about playback 

0 Kudos
xackley
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

joepucci

That is about the same email I have been receiving for months.

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

it won't be fixed.  It's been a problem since last October.  I just tried to use it just now and got about 1/2 way into the latest 1881 episode and the ad problem came up.  Eff this company.  Lazy B@ st@rds