Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joepucci
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

It's ParamountPlus causing the problem. I have a ParamountPlus subscription, independent of Ruku, so I have the App on my FireTV and Ruku Devices, and ParamountPlus locks and freezes on both devices, which tells me, it's a ParamountPlus issue. I have two open support cases with ParamountPlus, with no replies to either. Go to their FB page, it's on fire with people complaining. All you get is a Robo reply from them.

joepucci
Streaming Star

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, specifically at the 7-second mark. I started testing for a solution with an older Ruku and thought that it was a software issue because the device was working with Paramount+, but I also found it also matters when you test the connection. I tested at 2 PM, all was good. At 6:30 PM, the same problem came back. I have a separate ParaMount+ account, that was a CBS All Access. This problem is happening both my FireTV and Ruku's. This leads me to believe that it is a Paramount+ issue. Go to the Paramount+ FB page, it is on fire with complaints, with no solutions. The device Paramount+ seems to work correctly on is my Samsung Smart TV. 

0 Kudos
freezorburn
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only way to resolve this is to call them and insist they delete your old cbs account, then it will stop.  It is a Paramount Plus system issue.

0 Kudos
joepucci
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

BTW - While I'm waiting to contact Paramount+ about my old CBS All Access account, I decided to test your idea another way. I created another Paramount+ account under a different email address. I have seven days free, so I test it for the next few nights and let you guys know if it makes difference in the performance. At this point, I hope it does because nobody at Paramount+ seems to care.

0 Kudos
CarlsonClan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Great idea! Will be looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

This was my issue, also. My network based ad blocker was blocking the pre-show commercial / advertisement. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.

I understand that you are receiving an error message of "unfortunately an error occurred during playback" while accessing the Paramount plus channel.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

In addition, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now.

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

csjohns7

Jump to solution

I've had this same issue for the last week (haven't been able to watch 1883)

-Roku device model - TCL Model 40s325

-serial number - YK00EU659746

-device ID - JAA05E659746

-software OS/version - 10.5.0 build 4210-48

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel 0 Paramount Plus, no others. 

-tracker ID when this issue occurs? Tried this 3 times, it just went back to the home screen each time.

-what are you seeing on screen? Blue box, "error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again

- reproduce the issue you are seeing - Try to watch anything on Paramount Plus, ad starts to play and it crashes every time

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @csjohns7,

Thanks for providing the information needed! We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
CarlsonClan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: 4630X- Roku Premiere+
Serial Number: YR00H9319093
Software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-29
Device ID 7KA68H319093

Occurs on Paramount Plus intermittently - seems to be worse in the evening