Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freezorburn
Channel Surfer

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

The funny part about this all is I finally got an email response from Paramount + ro my problem inquiry and it contained no answers or fixes, but just more questions. I figured out how to fix my issue two weeks ago! 

0 Kudos
_jamarante
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount Plus not working on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I see a lot of people have had this issue in the past. I am having it now. I have restarted my Roku, restarted my router, deleted the app (I had to cancel my subscription in order to delete the app) then restarted my roku then reinstalled and I am still getting "Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again". Even stranger, is why I try to watch it on my phone, I get a "Fatal Error" message that says "Sorry, but due to licensing restrictions, this video isn't available in your location". I live in New York City... I tried to reach out to Paramount but the wait times on the phone were too long and I sent and email but they said due to high email volumes they will not respond. Anyone know how to fix this?? I need to watch drag race...

0 Kudos
ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I got a response too...

"Thanks for contacting Paramount+. Your feedback is very important to us, and we read every message we receive. Please be aware that due to a high volume of email, we're unable to provide a response, but do appreciate you taking the time to contact us."

0 Kudos
Fatboy73

Jump to solution

Paramount + won't even let me remove the channel. The option is just gone. I'm getting really ticked about this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posts.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue for you.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Streambar Pro, Serial Number YL0050468081

Most people on this thread, myself included, experienced this during the Live Stream of the Bills/Chiefs game Sunday night.

When I queried my Streambar Pro, this error was provided:
<error cat_code="9" category="mediaerror" verbose="buffer:loop:demux:Errors seen on all bitrates"/>

0 Kudos
ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?
- When watching the Bills/Chiefs game, an overlay would display saying there was a playback error. Most times pressing OK and relaunching the game would start the stream again.  As the game was getting closer to the end it happened more frequently.  I probably had it happen ~7 times.

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
- This is not an easily 
reproducible issue for me.  I have had Paramount+ for two months, have watched ad-less movies, AVOD content and live NFL games during that time and have never seen it before Sunday.  You may want to monitor the AFC Championship game between the Chiefs and Bengals this Sunday at 3pm EST.

When are you seeing this error?
- I have only experienced this during the second half of the Bills/Chiefs game on Jan 23, 2022.  I have been told by someone else that they experienced something similar after watching AVOD content for a couple of hours.

If it helps here is the URL that would have been used to watch the Bills/Chiefs game in a web browser:  https://www.paramountplus.com/live-tv/stream/?intcid=PPI-16-10aag3e

Again, like I said in my previous post...when I queried the Streambar Pro, the following error was provided:<error cat_code="9" category="mediaerror" verbose="buffer:loop:demux:Errors seen on all bitrates"/>

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@_jamarante @Fatboy73

Thanks for the post.

We would always first recommend removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, then adding the channel back again to see if that resolves the issue. Please be aware that if you subscribed to the channel through Roku Pay, you will need to cancel the subscription prior to removing the channel.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JCJ53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For me it isn't working on

ROKU TV C135X
TCL Model 43S421
SN: X00000WA9YFE
Roku Software version: 10.5.0 build 4210-93
Paramount+ App Version: 6.3.202111292

No Ad blocker on DCL Modem or Router
No secondary Paramount+ Account
Have factory reset ROKU TV now twice (no change)
Have deleted Paramount+ app twice (no change)
Did all the recommended steps in the "solution" twice (no change)

Issue:
When viewing anything on Paramount+ it starts with "1 of 2 Ads".  With 7 seconds remaining (which as it turns out is when it would switch to the CBS logo ad) it freezes, and eventually a message pops up that there is a problem connecting to the server or something.  It didn't do this until recently.

Note:  This does NOT occur with my ROKU Stick that has older versions of both software:
ROKU Software: 10.0.0 Build 4195-24
Paramount+ software: 5.2.20210421

0 Kudos
_jamarante
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I have already performed all of the steps you have mentioned. My serial number is YJ0008466225. Thank you! 

0 Kudos