Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

I can't believe that this has been an ongoing problem for over 3 months and neither Roku nor P+ can fix this issue. I have a Roku TV and just the other day I, like many others, realized that our TV's are absolutely useless if Roku is down. Now, can't even get through a ball game without an error message every few minutes. Not sure who to blame, but I want to sell my Roku TV now before it's too late. Please fix things!

BillSaysThis
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

As a software dev with over a decade of web-scale experience I find it impossible to believe that your team cannot fix this issue in the MONTHS since this was reported!

ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

For the first time in the two months I have had the service, I am experiencing this as well trying to watch the Bills/Chiefs game.

When I query the Roku Streambar Pro, this is what is returned:
<error cat_code="9" category="mediaerror" verbose="buffer:loop:demux:Errors seen on all bitrates"/>

0 Kudos
MandL

Jump to solution

This is happening to us every few minutes while trying to watch the Bill's Chiefs game. This is not something we have had happen to us consistently before.

Cynthiairene13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To stop it from happening I canceled and then just added it to my Amazon Prime account. 🙃 

0 Kudos
Ttim

Jump to solution

This is what’s happening for me too. Vanilla installation, no ad blocker turned on. 

0 Kudos
ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Good thing the game went into overtime.

At the two minute warning I decided to exit the app and go into it to see if that would do anything.

What I got was the sign-up screen when I launched the app.  I signed in successfully, selected the profile and the app took me to the sign-up screen.  So I decided to restart the Roku Streambar Pro.

Finally got in at the start of OT...poor Josh Allen, what more can a QB do?

BillSaysThis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a system restart too, no help as the errors kept coming!

0 Kudos
ellen-l
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The restart got me past the problem of the app not letting me in.  I was able to watch the entire OT and then got the playback error after the game was officially over.

0 Kudos
PAGary

Jump to solution

As soon as the Buff/KC game was over it seemed to stop.

0 Kudos