Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flgal
Visitor

Re: Paramount Plus 'unfortunately an error occurred during playback'

Jump to solution

I was able to activate my new Roku TV and took advantage of the paramount plus promotion. Everything went through I got the subscription email from Roku and the payment verification. When I go to paramount plus app it asks me to login which BUT it is not recognizing my email address or password 🙃. Big disappointment, I even called #Paramount+ customer service who couldn't help me. Is anyone else experiencing the issue

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount + Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. Our team has continued 
investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon. 

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

seems like after 3 1/2 months you or P+ would have done something by now.  

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

my previous post was massively edited.  I'm done with this forum.  Not cool, Roku.  I said nothing wrong.  I will never use this forum again.  About to give up on Roku permanently and get rid of my 2 devices.  I've bought and re-bought Rokus for 7 years now and I think I'm done.  

Castun

Jump to solution

If you have any sort of network wide ad-blocker, including pihole, you need to disable it. I wasn't even able to watch the free trailers before logging in without getting the error. Disabled my pihole temporarily and it worked. I'm guessing one of the lists I use interferes with it because of tracking / ad stuff in the background, even on content without ads.

Re: Paramount Plus Error occurred during playback

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me consistently today as well. It happens about every 10 minutes when I try to watch anything on my Roku. Very disappointing and frustrating when watching sports.

I do not have any network-wide ad blockers, so that is not my issue. Nor do I have duplicate accounts.

I’m shocked that duplicate accounts are even possible. Absolutely atrocious Software QA. Hands down the worst experience I’ve ever had with a streaming service.

BillSaysThis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happening every few minutes watching Buffalo-Chiefs game, never happened before this afternoon and we watch a lot of P+ shows and live Tv. No ad blocking router either!

kiwee278

Jump to solution

This has been consistently happening to me today while trying to watch NFL games. I can watch for a little while and then about every 5 to 10 minutes the error pops up.

JulieK

Jump to solution

I have had this problem just occasionally when watching live TV. Tonight, watching the football game it has the error pop up often. I've had to stop twice while composing this comment to click through the error message and get it to stream again. It's very annoying. 

BillSaysThis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Better not happen during the Super Bowl!

Tags (1)