Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

Thanks. Yes, I saw your tip earlier. Not everyone has i-devices. I tried Android and it didn't work. 

Will wait for PPlus and Roku to figure out and fix the issues rather than attempt further work arounds. 

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

The PP app has been garbage since it was CBS All Acess. I have very little hope they'll ever address any issues. I'm using my iPad and Airplay for now and I'll see how the Fire TV Cube works out, not just for this but the other services I use.

If it works, I'll move the Roku to another TV in the house.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@grafixguy wrote:

Now? All new episodes of shows are defaulting to DD but older ones are stereo and you can't even change it. I'm not sure when that change occurred but it's annoying as **bleep**.

That is a Roku issue, as Roku recently moved the audio option menu.

Rather than being accessible under Options (*)/Sound Settings, it is now under Options (*)/Accessibility & Captions/Audio Track.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Thanks, I'll check that out, but the fact is the audio should default to the highest quality.

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@grafixguy wrote:

Thanks, I'll check that out, but the fact is the audio should default to the highest quality.

True, but that is a Paramount + issue. Nearly every movie and show defaults to stereo on my devices and I have to manually change them nearly every time.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Paramount+ still can't figure out how to get Dolby Atmos to work on anything but an Apple TV 4K.

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

I know it's a PP issue. I just thought I might get some feedback here or some way to reach someone at Paramount that might actually care.

Oh well, for the higher-end stuff like ST: Discovery, I'll just stick with Airplay from iPad.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

No one at Paramount+ cares. Customer Service is nearly impossible to get ahold of, and when they do respond, they respond with the most ridiculous troubleshooting steps that quite often have NOTHING to do with the issue.

0 Kudos
hauptmM3
Binge Watcher

I'm actually making progress on this front with PP support. 

I sent a message on Insta and an email about not streaming HDR and DV content when a show/movie is supposed to.

Very soon after I started getting regular emails from PP 1st level support. The case is being escalated to the next level.

Fingures crossed..... 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

@hauptmM3 wrote:

I'm actually making progress on this front with PP support. 

I sent a message on Insta and an email about not streaming HDR and DV content when a show/movie is supposed to.

Very soon after I started getting regular emails from PP 1st level support. The case is being escalated to the next level.

Fingures crossed..... 

What ridiculous troubleshooting steps has Tier 1 asked you to perform, and do they really understand what your issue is? I have gotten nowhere with them - no response on Facebook or Twitter whatsoever, and sadly humorous email messages.

0 Kudos