Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

Good clarification. All my TCL Roku TV's gained Netflix ATMOS support after the Roku OS 10 update and then a subsequent Netflix app update. But, for some reason the same ATMOS passthrough support from Netflix was not implemented for Fire TV devices on Fire OS 6.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount + Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Audio and Dolby Vision and HDR video

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding Paramount+ and HDR playback on the channel.

We believe we have found a resolution for this issue and expect this to be resolved once OS 11.0 has been fully released. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

We will be locking this thread to avoid further derailment on this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djzeitler

Roku and Paramount Plus HDR - Still Not Working under OS 11

As previously posted and assured by Roku the fix for this would be under their new OS 11 update.  I can confirm along with others that the HDR is not working.

Please advise of what is going on!!!!

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku and Paramount Plus HDR - Still Not Working under OS 11

This isn’t just a Roku issue I hope you know. Paramount also has to provide updates to their Roku channel like all companies do

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

OS11 did not fix Paramount Plus issues

I posted about Paramount Plus several months ago and the topic was closed because a Roku employee declared that OS 11 would fix the lack of HDR of any kind or Dolby Atmos.

OS11 hit my Roku Ultra yesterday and while I'm disappointed, I am not at all shocked that nothing has changed. There's still no HDR.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: OS11 did not fix Paramount Plus issues

did paramount roll an updated app that utilizes the new features afforded by OS 11?

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: OS11 did not fix Paramount Plus issues

@grafixguy 

Make sure to post your build # , and to post every time a new build is released and doesnt address the P+ HDR/etc issue (so far none have).

@RokuDanny-R  What build of OS11 is intended to address this issue as you previously stated in the closed threads?

0 Kudos
cliffmeister1
Channel Surfer

Paramount Plus HDR still not working.

It has been months now. Still Paramount Plus HDR isn't working. This needed be fixed promptly. It hasn't yet. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus HDR still not working.

Ask Paramount since they develop the channel. If it was Roku’s issue then HDR wouldn’t work across all channels 

0 Kudos