Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ev13

Re: Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies

Jump to solution

Given that this thread seems to have blown up today, something recent happened.

Frustrating in that all the provided troubleshooting steps seem to make no difference.

NZing
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lol, this is crazy, it will not play in our living room ……green screen, but it will play on our ruko in the bedroom, can someone explain this to me. Lol

0 Kudos
bobcilby

Jump to solution

I have the same problem as all these other people. Something has gone very wrong on the Paramount end, and from some of the other comments it appears to be confined to the Roku app. Hopefully Roku has already contacted Paramount about this.

Mike208
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is one of the worst apps on Roku for buffering and low quality video for me without these additional problems.  Really frustrating cannot get this content any other way.  Even tried downloading to my phone and casting the download to Chromecast, same Green Screen, like the app decided to stream it now that it is casting!!!

I blame Paramount.

Catfanx2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) ..... 4670X, YJ00EH485302, KW99AE485302, 11.5.0 build 4312-46
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) .... Paramount Plus build 220212122
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) .... 02-017-507 (when trying to watch 1883) and 02-017-509 (when trying to watch NCIS Hawaii)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing .... select program, hit play, hear audio but see green screen. During fast forward, video appears in tiles but when hitting play, it goes back to a green screen
BobSmiley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I find that some shows are available while others give the green screen. For example I tried to watch 1883 and all episodes are green (even episodes I watched yesterday with no problem) but NCIS reruns are fine. I suspect it’s related to storage media or encryption related to HD or 4k content. They’ll probably get it fixed in the next few hours. 

0 Kudos
Kckauf

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Removed channel. System restart. Reinstalled channel. Checked for update to system. Checked for update to Paramount Plus. Green screen. Can see visuals on thumbnail. What's going on? How do we fix? Tried to watch 1883, 1923 and Tulsa King. Survivor was OK

spm0009

Jump to solution

I have done alot of trouble shooting on this and narrowed it down.  All my other apps have no issues, only the paramount plus.  I have removed and added the app back and done all the other stuff suggested.  The problem is any show that has the paramount plus tag on it will only show green screen and any show that does NOT have the paramount tag will play just fine.  i.e. Blue Bloods(CBS).  So there is a flaw in the paramount stream.

nicrobertt

Jump to solution

Same issue, same thought process 

0 Kudos
3MW

Jump to solution

3930x roku express

Serial X004006408JP

DEVICE ID SOO8314408JP

Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-AE

This is happening on both televisions that use external roku devices es however not the roku tvs thanks its also interfering with YouTube Hulu and roku channel says can not access or expired the later isn't possible. 

0 Kudos