Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDudder23
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies

Jump to solution

Paramount+ on my roku is no longer working. It was working fine the other day. Today I went to play a movie and the sound is playing but the screen is green. I tried a different movie and the same thing is happening. I can see the thumbnail type screens if I fast forward in the movie but shows up green. I rebooted the roku but the problem did not go away. Other streaming channels work fine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Paramount+ Green Screen when playing movies

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe the issue should be resolved now.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with the Paramount+ channel at this time and keeping us posted.

Please be aware that users may need to restart their Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

251 REPLIES 251
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RDudder23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Fitz1

Jump to solution

Paramount is not giving me the choice of remove channel when I push the *. Netflix and Amazon prime are. I keep getting the Green screen on any paramount plus series I try. Any other suggestions?  

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.

Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel.

Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
latefusion

Jump to solution

Did not work.    reset router three times.   removed/restarted 3 times…. still no work.   only channel not working

Cashew3322
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having exact same issue. Can see the thumbnail when fast forward but green screen when trying to play something. Rebooting didn’t help, deleted and reloaded app didn’t help either. About to unplug Roku and see if that works

Jarrod

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue 

cjackdive

Jump to solution

Same issue.  I have restarted Roku stick, unplugged Roku stick and then plugged back up, uninstalled and reinstalled Paramount+ With system restart in between.  Still getting green screen with sound once selected show starts.  All other apps are working on Roku stick.  Please help!

dt11

Jump to solution

having the same issue too! Started today- not happening on all my roku's though

Cashew3322
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh and it is playing fine on my phone…just green screen on tv…