Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EG2

Paramount+ Causes tv to reboot

I downloaded Paramount+ if you days ago and everything was working fine and now when I start watching some thing and it only works for about two minutes before it reboots the whole TV causing the TV to restart. This doesn’t happen with any other app only Paramount+. I’ve deleted the app restarted the television reinstalled the app and still had this issue. I disconnected and reconnected the Wi-Fi router, unplugged the television and plugged it back in, restarted the television back to factory settings… And again still having this issue only with the Paramount+  app. 
help! 
ROKU TV: 5113X                                TCL MODEL: 50FS3800.              SERIAL NUMBER: 2NOODK081250.      

4 REPLIES 4
Dbaxfan
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount+ Causes tv to reboot

I'm having the same issue. We have two Sharp Roku TVs. We've had the Paramount Plus app for a long time and watch things on it regularly and it's always worked fine until the last several days. We get a couple of minutes into a show and it causes the Roku TV to reboot. We've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, tried rebooting the tv, tried checking for updates for the TV and the app. Nothing works. Something changed in the last few days with either the TV or the app and has made it completely unusable. We have other Roku devices hooked to smaller TVs and can play the app fine on those. The issue seems to be limited to just the Roku TVs. Other streaming apps work perfectly fine. Wi-Fi has a very strong signal.

Roku TV 5317x

Model LC-43LB481U

Software 11.0.0 build 4193-13

0 Kudos
oldpylot

Same issue here. It only crashes on one TV, an Insignia ROKU TV. It doesn't cause my other TVs to crash. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I have done soft resets on the TV and checked for software updates. Nothing seems to solve the issue. It runs for less than 5 minutes, then causes the TV to reboot. The TV works fine with all the other streaming services.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Agree and to further the discussion- my roku does this also with Amazon, Netflix and Hulu. I also have performed all of the help desk troubleshooting processes. To date no systemic solution. If you have a smart TV, get rid of roku as I did

0 Kudos