Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkvoice
Reel Rookie

Paramount+ Blanking out while Navigating shows

Jump to solution

My 3941X Roku Express 4k+ is up to date on software v11.5.0 Build 4235-CR

I have installed the Paramount+ channel

While navigating Paramount+ to choose a show to watch I get a 1-5 second blank screen each time I move to a different show. I think it has something to do with the video preview that is taking time to load. Is there a way to stop the video preview? If not how do I stop the "Blanking Out" issue?

Here is a short video showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/vqcQ-aR0B44

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount+ Blanking out while Navigating shows

Jump to solution

Under "Settings > System > Advanced system Settings > Advanced display settings" Roku devices have an "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" item. 

If this is enabled, the Roku circuitry sends the signal output at the refresh rate (frame rate) used by the original source material, 24 fps (frames per second), 25 fps, 30 fps, 50 fps, or 60 fps.  Every time the source frame rate changes, the TV must adjust its display to accommodate the new frame rate, which on many sets results in a short blackout.

This can happen when starting/stopping new programs, and when going in/out of commercial breaks that have a different native frame rate than the programs they are inserted into.

If "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" is set OFF, a frame rate of 60 fps is used for everything and the TV doesn't have to adjust on the fly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Under "Settings > System > Advanced system Settings > Advanced display settings" Roku devices have an "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" item. 

If this is enabled, the Roku circuitry sends the signal output at the refresh rate (frame rate) used by the original source material, 24 fps (frames per second), 25 fps, 30 fps, 50 fps, or 60 fps.  Every time the source frame rate changes, the TV must adjust its display to accommodate the new frame rate, which on many sets results in a short blackout.

This can happen when starting/stopping new programs, and when going in/out of commercial breaks that have a different native frame rate than the programs they are inserted into.

If "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" is set OFF, a frame rate of 60 fps is used for everything and the TV doesn't have to adjust on the fly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tkvoice
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes turning off: "Auto Auto-adjust display refresh rate" worked !!!

Thank you !!!!

0 Kudos