Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjlasorsa
Binge Watcher

Paramont +, Netflix, Prime, Disney either no video or get an erro

I have 4 Roku’s in my house, all working just great until this pass week. 2 are separate devices hooked to 2 separate TV’s and a 2 are Roku TV’s. The Roku TV’s are working fine, the other 2 separate Roku devices are not working, stopped about the same time. When I try to run the Paramount + app is gives me an “Unfortunately, an error during playback. Please try again.” Disney gives me an error “Protected content license error.” Netflix, YouTube, CW work fine until
I play something, there’s audio but no video.

I have tried everything I’ve seen on the internet. Roku soft restart, factory reset, unplugged both power and HDMI cables, turned off TV (unplugged), changed HDMI cables, reset my modem/router, unplugged the modem router, reset and unplugged my other router, used 2 different wifi networks, even used my phones as a hotspot. Plugged my Roku device into the Roku tv in HDMI port, didn’t work. When I unplugged everything, I left them unplugged over night. Removed the apps and reinstalled them, during a restart before reinstalling.  Nothing has worked, it just the separate devices that are not working, Roku TV’s are and I can also run Roku from my laptop, so it’s not my network or routers.

Device 1
Model 3930RW-Roku Express
SN X004009ALVTE
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-e

Device 2
Model 3930x-Roku Express
SN x004007KHTGX
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Roku TV
Model 8121X
TCL Model 325331
SN YK00F206237
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-48

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramont +, Netflix, Prime, Disney either no video or get an erro

@mjlasorsa wrote:

... 2 are separate devices hooked to 2 separate TV’s .... stopped about the same time. ... “Unfortunately, an error during playback. Please try again.” ... “Protected content license error.” ... audio but no video.

For two separate devices to stop working at the same time, there is either a huge coincidence, or something in common. Two things that come to mind are power and network. However, I'm not sure how they would cause what we're getting.

Lightning could have surged on the power system enough to cause issues, but I've nothing to base that on.

Another possibility could be network, as those two devices have a common limitation of only being able to connect on 2.4 GHz band. The Roku TVs are dual band, and could be connected to 5 GHz network.

Usually, this issue manifests itself as no connectivity at all, although there have been various levels of connectivity reported. This will be easy enough to rule out if you're willing to do a check.

If your wireless router is supplied by your ISP, note that some major ISPs (Comcast, AT&T, others) have begun changing the 2.4 GHz settings from 802.11 b/g/n to g/n. If you can check your wireless router settings and see if this may be the case with you.

Others may have some better suggestions, or my musings may strike a memory with you about something seemingly unimportant now coming into play. Try checking the settings and see where that leads us.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mjlasorsa
Binge Watcher

I have a Netgear cable modem/router, it's only 2.4 and it will not work.  I also have a new router TP Link that I use for all my connections.  It's both 2.4 and 5, when I looked at the connected devices it shows the Rokus connected at 2.4.  I did turn on the guest 2.4 and connected the Roku to it and it still did not work.

I said in my post the the Roku's don't work when I use my phone as a hotspot.  They have worked in the past.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

For testing with your hotspot, be sure the hotspot is operating in the 2.4 GHz wifi band.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mjlasorsa
Binge Watcher

Just checked and my phone is on 2.4

0 Kudos
Kkelly

Mine is doing the same thing. I have 5 devices and none of them are working. I’m getting the same error as you. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kkelly

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you using? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mjlasorsa

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mjlasorsa
Binge Watcher

I have 4 Roku’s in my house, all working just great until this pass week. 2 are separate devices hooked to 2 separate TV’s and a 2 are Roku TV’s. The Roku TV’s are working fine, the other 2 separate Roku devices are not working, stopped about the same time. When I try to run the Paramount + app is gives me an “Unfortunately, an error during playback. Please try again.” Disney gives me an error “Protected content license error.” Netflix, YouTube, CW work fine until
I play something, there’s audio but no video.

I have tried everything I’ve seen on the internet. Roku soft restart, factory reset, unplugged both power and HDMI cables, turned off TV (unplugged), changed HDMI cables, reset my modem/router, unplugged the modem router, reset and unplugged my other router, used 2 different wifi networks, even used my phones as a hotspot. Plugged my Roku device into the Roku tv in HDMI port, didn’t work. When I unplugged everything, I left them unplugged over night. Removed the apps and reinstalled them, during a restart before reinstalling.  Nothing has worked, it just the separate devices that are not working, Roku TV’s are and I can also run Roku from my laptop, so it’s not my network or routers.

Device 1
Model 3930RW-Roku Express
SN X004009ALVTE
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-e

Device 2
Model 3930x-Roku Express
SN x004007KHTGX
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Roku TV
Model 8121X
TCL Model 325331
SN YK00F206237
Software 11.0.0 build 4193-48

Board casting at 2.4 ghz

0 Kudos
mjlasorsa
Binge Watcher

I took one of the not working Rokus to my daughter house and it worked fine over there.  She lives just 3 blocks from me and has the same internet provider. 

I factory reset my cable moden/router and that didn't work at my house.  Tried all the different security settings, nothing.  There something going on in my house.  Two different routers and a phone hotspot and my Roku won't work.  I can't even cast my phone to it like I did before.

0 Kudos