Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora no longer working on Roku!

My Pandora has worked on my Roku devices for years now but just over the last week, as soon as the time for my screensaver to activate comes, Pandora stops.   The screensaver settings haven’t changed but the way Pandora reacts has.  🥺😢😡

18 REPLIES 18
bach3
Streaming Star

Re: Pandora no longer working on Roku!

Yeah, Pandora pauses for me after just 2 songs. The Roku screensaver now shows too, when it didn't before, so I'm guessing that is the problem. The Pandora Roku app just had an update on January 5th, 2023 so it looks like Pandora messed things up. Hopefully they fix it soon, not holding my breath as their customer service is awful.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @bach3,

Thanks for your post. 

Let us help. Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Hope this helps. Let us know if you see any difference after! 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JRSB

Issue remedy…I just today encountered this playback issue on Pandora. I read a recent post about screensaver now showing while playing, and yes it does. I disabled my screensaver and now my songs are playing with no issues. Roku, please look into a problem with your recent update. Thank you.

0 Kudos
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same problem. Roku screensaver never used to start while Pandora played, just the rolling screen internal to Pandora. Now the screensaver starts regardless of whether Pandora screen is rolling, and once screensaver starts, Pandora stops at the end of whatever piece is playing until I manually click the skip ahead under the piece. Roku is on TCL model 32S327, serial number YK00LD491738, software version 11.5.0, build 4312-48, channel version 5.7, build 2.

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

it's a glitch between you guys at Roku and Pandora - telling us customers do all this does NOTHING.  fix the glitch please.  

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Well it looks like the problem has been resolved today. The Screensaver has not been coming on and stopping my music from streaming on my 3 Roku TVs.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I spoke too soon.

dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

still doing the stopping/screensaver thing on mine as of Friday a.m. 

0 Kudos
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

I've had the same experience as OwnerofDevices. It worked most of yesterday, but the problem returned today. And if I completely disable the Roku screensaver, I never see the Pandora screensaver start to roll the screen, so I wind up with no screensaver at all while watching Pandora.

0 Kudos