Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidlgti
Reel Rookie

Re: Pandora app randomly stops playback at the end of tracks

@T0 wrote:

It looks like this issue was caused by a "feature" of Roku OS 9.4. That feature has been disabled for the Pandora channel as of 12/2/2020 and my 4660X is now able to play for hours without any problems.

Interesting at the issue stopped today on 12/3 for me. 

0 Kudos
T0
Channel Surfer

@Lonelygolfer wrote:

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately when I just tried to play Pandora, songs are cutting in and out.  I think this is also a Roku issue because it does the same thing with Sirius and Spotify.  Interesting, we have no problems with other apps on Roku, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

Do you mean that it pauses for a few seconds, then continues with the same song? If so, that sounds like a buffering issue. What model are you using? As far as I know, the specific issue that I mentioned only happened with certain models of Roku Ultra (4660 and 4670).

0 Kudos
Lonelygolfer
Channel Surfer

Roku version. 9.40

Pandora version 5.5

0 Kudos
Lonelygolfer
Channel Surfer

The Roku is an Ultra. I do not see a number on the box

0 Kudos
T0
Channel Surfer

@Lonelygolfer wrote:

The Roku is an Ultra. I do not see a number on the box

It's not on the box. From the menu, go to Settings->System->About. It should display a screen with the Model, Serial number, etc.

0 Kudos
Lonelygolfer
Channel Surfer

4660x

0 Kudos
T0
Channel Surfer

I also have the 4660X and it has been playing music from Pandora without any problems since yesterday afternoon.

0 Kudos
Margifromfla
Channel Surfer

I have fixed this issue: Pandora shuts down after 3 songs!  The fix is, Go to settings on the Roku Ultra home screen, then go the screen saver options.... set the timer settings to " Never" and  select DISABLE SCREENSAVER.  The fish tank will never be there again, but Oh well... at least Pandora keeps working. : ))  

Margifromfla
Channel Surfer

Go to the settings of your Roku Ultra and disable the screensaver. This works like a charm ! 

0 Kudos
Margifromfla
Channel Surfer

go to Roku settings and disable the screen saver. Works great now ! 

0 Kudos